CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Contributing...

Old 06-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #61
Menhir
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
BTW, I certainly hope sigs are as powerful as you say they are, by this point many people will have thought they HAVE to visit my corner!
Without fun, it depends on how much you post and what you post - positive and negative. Both will give you clicks on "who the hell is this person". We recogniced much referers on the site when posting pictures, never got many when I postet the genetics. At this times, we have more referers from Kathys Links-section than from this board... I should give her something back

I don't have newer pics of mine, but what about her sister?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:45 PM   #62
Hurley
Quote:
I also have to do a little show cause I'm not in the CCC (nice alliteration the CoolCoinClub ~g~)
Oh yeah? So I'm a CCC from CCCorns? Kew.

CCCCCCorns...

ka ka ka ka ka ka corns.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #63
Menhir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Oh yeah? So I'm a CCC from CCCorns? Kew.
It was more for Serp with the CCC... but you aren't the CCC you are just a member of the CCC from CCCorns - we could continue celebrating that CCC and CCCorns stuff - but gets a little off-topic, because I can't clearly connect it to the threads topic.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #64
Hurley
Hmm, did I say I was the CCC? Nope. I do believe I said I was a CCC from CCCorns.

And I'll add the symbol to make it all ok for me to make a little joke.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #65
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menhir
Let's take this for example:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=28
That are exactly the postings I mean - doesn't say, "just contributing members can edit" and I would still go with "as a Contributor you can buy special privileges such as...." no - it's always under the point "giving something back" and that means money in that case and thats the point according to my previous postings that I don't go with.
When someone gets to hear that, that joined in June05 with 42 Postings - how much do I have to give back then?
I don't want to talk again that this feeling was there before "privileges" where cut and therefore it now got me to write these things cause I did several times already...
I sooooooooo knew that something I wrote was going to be used here for this discussion.

Again, this is the problem with reading things online. You read them as how you want, and not always how the writer intended it to be read (heard). It was just a light-hearted joke about contributing, not a snooty comment at all.

I still do not understand why this is such an issue. I however, have noticed that since this discussion started the signatures of many people have gotten much more sarcastic due to the complaining about the whole 'contributing' thing. I personally find it hilarious, because this whole discussion is ridiculous.

This is the thing. Cornsnakes.com is a private website, owned by Rich. Therefore, Rich is the dictator of said website, and anything he says, goes. Nothing on here is a right, but everything in fact is a privilege.

priv·i·lege Audio pronunciation of "privilege" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (prv-lj, prvlj)
n.

1. A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste. See Synonyms at right.

The point is that Rich can ban whomever he wants, whenever he wants, and nobody can do anything about it. He can make anybody he wants a moderator if he wishes, and there's no second vote. He takes the time out of his busy schedule to create this website, tend to it when it's down, and spends money out of his own pocket to add things to it (hello spell check) and keep it running. None of that is cheap, especially when you consider that his time is better spent in the snake rooms or just relaxing than sitting online.

So, it's a privilege to post here since it's a private website. Rich feels that people who go out of their way to help him financially with the website deserve a kick-back, and he's given us those special privilges.

I still don't know what the big deal is about that, or why there are any complaints.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:21 PM   #66
Menhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley
Hmm, did I say I was the CCC? Nope. I do believe I said I was a CCC from CCCorns.
You are a CoolCoinClub from CedarCreekCorns? Can I have a picture of you - pleeeaaassseeeee!

@Joe are you sure you read the whole thread? I added another post dealing with quoting your post... perhaps you'd like to use your edit privilege then.
And BTW. saying Rich can do whatever he wants and whenever he wants cause it is his private homepage as equivalent to the "shut the f*ck up and go away if you don't like". Why do we need a "discussion about the board" subforum??? Please tell me, I'm interested.

Old 06-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #67
Clint Boyer
Things change, as this site has. Rich has a talent for making this kind of stuff work. More power to ya Rich!

This is how it reads:
"Donation for continued support of free site"

It's just that some of the 'Freeness' has worn off.

This thing is HUGE compared to what it started out as. $25 is an extremely good price for the ability to place sale adds. I just haven't had the need to "pony up" just yet.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #68
Hurley

Yep, I'm a Cool Coin Clubber from CCCorns. And nope, no pictures, ask Joe.

Old 06-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #69
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menhir

You are a CoolCoinClub from CedarCreekCorns? Can I have a picture of you - pleeeaaassseeeee!

@Joe are you sure you read the whole thread? I added another post dealing with quoting your post... perhaps you'd like to use your edit privilege then.
And BTW. saying Rich can do whatever he wants and whenever he wants cause it is his private homepage as equivalent to the "shut the f*ck up and go away if you don't like". Why do we need a "discussion about the board" subforum??? Please tell me, I'm interested.
I saw your other post. I'm not going to edit my post at all, I see no reason to. The fact is, you quoted my post as something that you didn't like, and then re-read it and changed your mind. That's fine, my post wasn't attacking you or anything of the sort.

No, it's not the equivilent to saying anything of the sort. We have a 'Discussions about this site' so we can make suggestions to Rich about how to change certain things or implement new things into the site. Rich does not have to take our advice on said suggestions

Why am I still getting a sour grapes vibe? You obviously don't like the fact that there is a contributor coin or a seperate room, or that we get perks. Nothing is going to change, so either deal with it and stop complaining, or just fork over the $25. It's a pretty easy choice.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 PM   #70
Menhir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
The fact is, you quoted my post as something that you didn't like, and then re-read it and changed your mind.
Isn't that allowed?
Sorry, it's called the process of learning - especially you should know that, hmm?

Quote:
we can make suggestions to Rich about how to change certain things or implement new things into the site. Rich does not have to take our advice on said suggestions
Please quote me where I did anything different than writing my opinion and give other people the possibility to think about and discuss them (with me). Please, do so or take back your statement.

Quote:
You obviously don't like the fact that there is a contributor coin or a seperate room, or that we get perks.
Sorry, but I find this quite rude. I stated several times that I have nothing against buying a service or having that little blinking coin under your username. You found me stating different things, please quote it.

Quote:
Nothing is going to change, so either deal with it and stop complaining
Ah - I remember, you never meant "f*ck off and go away, didn't you?".

Sorry folks, I tried to argue in a correct way and to back my opinions up with reasons. But what Joe wrote is simply not what I wrote and I don't have to have this kind of conversation with someone unable to deal with critics and think of other peoples opinions carefully.
Last post from me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google