CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

View Poll Results: Vote on one or more moderators for this site
blckkat 33 15.94%
cka 14 6.76%
CMLReptiles 12 5.80%
cornsnakekid92 9 4.35%
DaemoNox 26 12.56%
DAND 33 15.94%
Dave123 12 5.80%
diamondlil 52 25.12%
Drizzt80 35 16.91%
Fenderplayer108 15 7.25%
Joejr14 46 22.22%
lefty_mussolini 36 17.39%
mbdorfer 67 32.37%
MohrSnakes 40 19.32%
PtDnsr 11 5.31%
Roy Munson 117 56.52%
snake5007 1 0.48%
stangs13 4 1.93%
Susan 86 41.55%
tricksterpup 5 2.42%
Tula_Montage 24 11.59%
tyflier 22 10.63%
None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 3 1.45%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 16 7.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE for your choice of moderators on this site!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #71
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
OK, I know that this is a "Florida" election, but if this site resurrects Katherine Harris, I'm outta here.

regards,
jazz
As long as we don't have any requests for recount after recount after recount, then we shouldn't need any resurrections.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:42 AM   #72
El Jefe
Okay, then I request just one recount!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #73
Jrgh17
Can my snakes vote?

Oh yeah, and the fish would like equal representation too...

Old 02-24-2007, 07:57 PM   #74
Noe..gr
What is going on?I gave my vote yesterday n.180,and since then noone voted.I find it very odd.
Do you think something more has to be done,to get people to know there is a vote?
I don't really believe that only 180 people are interested.Even for such a sort period of time.I expected more..

Old 02-24-2007, 08:15 PM   #75
Dave123
I don't think we are going to get many more votes.

There were 400 people active in the past 24 hours. So about half have voted. Some of the people are new here and do not know anyone so do not know who to vote for. Others just might not want to vote.

Looks like we are going to have some very good mods IMO.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #76
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe..gr
What is going on?I gave my vote yesterday n.180,and since then noone voted.I find it very odd.
Do you think something more has to be done,to get people to know there is a vote?
I don't really believe that only 180 people are interested.Even for such a sort period of time.I expected more..
Though there is a high number of members here you have to remember that only a small percentage of them are actually active here. Have a look through the Members list... how many names there do we see on a regular basis?

I wonder why people join up and then never come back?

Old 02-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #77
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
Though there is a high number of members here you have to remember that only a small percentage of them are actually active here. Have a look through the Members list... how many names there do we see on a regular basis?

I wonder why people join up and then never come back?
Sure wish I knew the answer to that one! I see this not only on my own message board systems, but every other one I visit seems to have the same problem.

But on the other hand, I am a member of quite a few different websites, and some I rarely ever go to. Some things are just "interests of the moment" and not a real long term thing. Others were because I had a specific answer I was looking for, or a topic that a message board seemed the best place to find more information about. I guess here, not everyone has corn snakes as their main focus in life. Just as those other websites I went to certainly were not the main focus of my life either.

So I guess this is just par for the course.....

Old 02-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #78
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
not everyone has corn snakes as their main focus in life....
With that being said.. should only active members, who's focus in life is corns snakes and this site, be the ones to cast their vote? And as that been done?

Old 02-25-2007, 04:19 PM   #79
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
Sure wish I knew the answer to that one! I see this not only on my own message board systems, but every other one I visit seems to have the same problem.

But on the other hand, I am a member of quite a few different websites, and some I rarely ever go to. Some things are just "interests of the moment" and not a real long term thing. Others were because I had a specific answer I was looking for, or a topic that a message board seemed the best place to find more information about. I guess here, not everyone has corn snakes as their main focus in life. Just as those other websites I went to certainly were not the main focus of my life either.

So I guess this is just par for the course.....
Good point, Rich. I have gone on a few different forums and asked a question or two and haven't been back sense.

And Lenny, I don't think it has to be your whole life to vote. Like me, my life isn't cornsnakes, it's just a part of it. But sense I have been here a little while and know most of the active members, I can vote because I know who to vote for.

I do think you should be pretty active to vote because if you have just joined or aren't active and don't know anyone, who will you vote for? It doesn't have anything to do with cornsnakes being your life. Just my opinion.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #80
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn
With that being said.. should only active members, who's focus in life is corns snakes and this site, be the ones to cast their vote? And as that been done?
He makes a good point why should inactive memembers vote. They have no idea what type of social skills the canitdits have. Who is a hot head who is a wuss who can keep their composeure under heavy pressure. The only way you can know this is to be a active member. Someone can get lots of votes because they are a big breeder and around for a long time so people vote for them because they are a house hold name ( not the case here but it could have happend ) The only way to chose good mods is to be a active member and know what type of person you are votting for. Also I think you should pick multible mods . So that each one will be incharge of policing a few fourms each. This way you destribute the work load. Maybe even have 2 mods for every few fourms Put them on diffrent shifts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google