CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Concerning the member forums.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #1
Rich Z
Concerning the member forums.

Just to clarify things.... I use the moderator column in the member forums section to notify me of expired forums. When I noticed one has expired, I will make one attempt to contact the member whose forum it is asking them about their renewing.

In the case where someone says they intend to renew within the week, I will allow the forum to remain open for that duration. In the case where I get no reply, I will lock the forum awaiting a reply. If no reply is forthcoming within a week, then the forum will be offered to anyone who is interested if it is rather generic in nature, or deleted if it is too tightly tied to the person who owned it for anyone to be interested in taking it over.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
Rich Z
Change to the policy concerning retention of personal forums.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of wasting my time contacting members about their personal forum expiring, and not even getting the courtesy of a reply from some of them about their intentions. So effective immediately, you are expected to keep on top of the expiration date of your own forum. When it expires, I will have to assume that you no longer wish to keep it, and it will be removed at that time with no grace period while I try to chase you down trying to figure out whether you really want to keep it or not. I presume you can see as well as I can when your forum as expired. The forum will only be removed from view, thinking maybe THAT will catch your attention, so the forum and threads will still exist for a short period of time in case you do want to renew the forum. But be that as it may, your forum will drop down to the bottom of the list, if that is the case.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but I really don't want to spend my time treating members here like little children asking them if they washed their hands before coming to the dinner table. Keeping track of such things is YOUR responsibility. I don't need the additional headaches, quite frankly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google