CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

is this viv ok for a 3-4 months old

Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #1
*~* D@N BOI *~*
is this viv ok for a 3-4 months old

heres a birds eye veiw, just woundering if some of the more experienced corn owners think this is an ok viv for my 3-4 month corn. the tube is on the warm half and the log and water is on the cool side, the thermostat that came with the viv isnt working im getting one tonight. thanks for any info given

Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
mele2511
Your picture is not showing.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
beaniebopps
I can see the pic but theres something up with it... like the top 1/3 of the pic is stretched and wider. But from what I can see the setup is fine. Just make sure the heat mat you've got there covers no more than 1/2 the tank (1/3 is more ideal, but if you've got a thermostat temps should be ok anyway) And you might want to get a better hide than a tube, they are ok for hatchlings but really aren't that secure or well shaped for most sizes of snake.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
hayley13
I put my baby in the same type of plastic viv and its fine, a bit of cover like some fake plant would be better in there. I have a log over the warm side and a cave on the cool side and two silk plants one covering warm side one covering cold and a paper towel tube cut in half making a tunnle from warm to cold . also water bowl on cool side, 1/3 under heat mat . My snake severus is fine with that and ive had him from 12 weeks in this tank he is 17 inchs long now.!! good luck

Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
hayley13
sorry looking at pic put the log on the warm side and get anther hide for the cold side and get some fake plant life for cover(bit more security for the snake and a climbing frame) their like kids need fun!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google