CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Petco Nightmare (Cohabbing not so great)

Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #21
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrin View Post
:/ Is it really that common for pet stores to do this? I mean, I've seen it, sure, but there also seem to be plenty of BIG stores that don't. Does PetSmart cohab? Always looked like their snakes were separated to me.
I've seen petsmart cohab, but not colubrids. I have seen about 4 BPs crammed into a viv smaller than a 10 gallon. I asked the manager about it, and have never seen that many in one viv since. They're still doing two to a viv... but I figure it's improvement.

As for discussions on cohab: This thread is specifically about cohab in a certain store. It's extremely difficult to participate in this thread without presenting an opinion. And personally, I feel that saying "i don't care" after seeing photographic evidence that a pet was eaten by a cagemate shows a very irresponsible owner. In fact, I went to that users profile to check if they were a troll or not... and was pretty surprised to find out they have actually aren't.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #22
Nanci
And that wasn't one cannibal, it was two! One successfully ate a cagemate, the other tried and regurged!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #23
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
What is a valid point, my snakes didn't eat each other/become gravid by accident YET? There is no benefit to the snakes by cohabitating- only potential harm.

Well said Nanci. I dont remember who it came from but someone made a comment that pretty much sums it up.

There is a risk in co-habbing, but there is no risk at all involved in housing corns separately.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #24
jmksnakes
JustineNYC: Great avatar, definitely cute, I can't get mine to sit still long enough to get the Santa hats on 'em!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #25
R.W.
Guess I'm lucky, the petco near me actually has some people that know what thay are doing. Everyone else that works there are idiots though.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #26
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmksnakes View Post
JustineNYC: Great avatar, definitely cute, I can't get mine to sit still long enough to get the Santa hats on 'em!

Oh no its fake! If you go to www.blingee.com you can add the santa hat to any pic. Mine would never sit still for that LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #27
jmksnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineNYC View Post
Oh no its fake! If you go to www.blingee.com you can add the santa hat to any pic. Mine would never sit still for that LOL
I was kidding of course! But thanks for the website.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #28
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinsPop View Post
Personally, I'd rather not see this sink down into another flame war over co-habbing. Bsr8129 clearly has made up his/her mind regarding the issue. If/when something happens, it happens.
Maybe that poster should keep his/her opinion to his/herself then, instead of looking for trouble in every thread where the topic is discussed. His/her initial post in this thread was trolling, pure and simple. He/she has next to no experience in keeping snakes, so what value is his/her opinion anyway? Allow me to do the math for you: it's worth nothing.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #29
jmksnakes
Let me be the first to recognize Dean's new signature... hilarious Dean, I laughed out loud. This is one of those subjects that has been/always will be a sensitive subject, but a little comedic relief never hurts.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #30
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmksnakes View Post
Let me be the first to recognize Dean's new signature... hilarious Dean, I laughed out loud. This is one of those subjects that has been/always will be a sensitive subject, but a little comedic relief never hurts.
Others have recognized it, and it's been there for at least a week. But thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google