CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Release or Euthanize Cornsnakes? What's your opinion?
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #91
Rotach
what in the world are you talking about? It seems your misunderstanding everything you read. If you were making the least bit of sense I could respond.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #92
Rotach
(Huh huh) butthead or beavis?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:31 PM   #93
danielle
I had a dog named beavis you know.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #94
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpccusa View Post
And I thought you had changed your mind... as I can see, you were just afraid of showing your opinion due to lack of... huh huh... support.
Now I think you're picking on him a little bit. Nowhere in his posts did I feel that he 'changed his mind.' He just seemed to back off a bit after getting, how did he put it...stoned to death. I probably would have backed off too for awhile to clear my head so I could come back to the debate with more info/better planned responses/etc.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #95
Em Wright
Sorry had some stuff to do and this thread had jumped several pages.

Wade is awesome. And it's true I guess, if your opinion doesn't seem to be popular or is rude or something like that, just keep it to yourself. "Don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" ring a bell?

And if you feel we're attacking you, I really don't think so. You started this debate in another thread and instead of sitting there arguing back and forth offtopic, I decided it best to start a thread where we could get everyone's opinions instead of just mine and yours. Is that so bad?

And I think what elrojo is saying is a lot differen than releasing SICK/KINKED animals into the wild. I don't mean to split hairs here, but I don't see how him taking snakes from and putting them back into the wild is so bad. From the information posted it seems they were Okeetees/Normals whose parents had been taken from the same area. And the reasons he listed as releasing them didn't say anything about being a possible threat.

I still kind of disagree with it, but from what he's said it's no where near as bad as releasing say... a captive bred Caramel cornsnake that was kinked severly at birth and now refuses to feed.

Maybe I am just splitting hairs...

Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #96
Rotach
sweet dogs name.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #97
Em Wright
Can we please stay on-topic here folks?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #98
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotach View Post
elrojo.. holysh%t someone who partially agrees w/me.
No disrespect, but I didn't really "agree" with your take on releasing captive corns into the wild vs. euthanizing. I am dealing with F1 animals with specific locality data, and they are/were being released exactly where they came from* and are the normal color morph. Turning any old corn loose in your local woods would be irresponsible, and a crime if corns are not native to that area.

*at least within a day's crawling distance, since I spread them each out a few hundred fee
t.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 PM   #99
Rotach
you split the sh%t out of my hair just now Em, I'll tell you that.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #100
Eli173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
Can we please stay on-topic here folks?
Only because you asked so nicely.

1) Is it ok to release unwanted/unhealthy Cornsnakes in your backyard?
Can you guarantee it will never leave your yard?? If so, go ahead. If it's an unwanted, healthy, normal or Okeetee (with no hets), released into their natural habitat...then I can't argue against it. Any other circumstances would be a big NO.
Aside from the valid environmental arguments, take a moment to think of the herper that lives not far away. They find a corn in their home or yard thinking it's an escaped pet. They take it in and spend their time, money and emotions trying to care for it only to have it end up being a bad experience.
Think of the people living nearby who don't know jack about reptiles. They find a snake in their yard/home and totally freak out because it doesn't look like snakes they are used to seeing. Next thing you know we have some more great press for our hobby that we love so much and (if we are really lucky) the press will educate us on how "corn snakes are not poisonous."

2) Should you euthanize or let nature decide by doing nothing for sick/deformed/refusing to eat snakes?
Sick? No, take it to the vet. Can’t afford it? Try cutting extra expenses like the internet…
Deformed? Yes and no. A deformity that will not affect long term health I’ll leave up to the breeder, otherwise yes.
Not eating? If it’s in bad shape and you have tried everything, yes, end its suffering.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread