CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Release or Euthanize Cornsnakes? What's your opinion?
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #31
Em Wright
I think he's referring to placing them in the freezer as a form of euthanization.

I had heard that you can place them in the fridge to induce coma and then in the freezer to kill them completely. This is what I have heard by reading various threads here on CS.com, though the subject seemed to be somewhat controversial as I recall it. But I do think this is what he's talking about.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #32
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
This sentence makes me want to slam my head into a wall.
Can somebody please explain to me what the bloody hell he's talking about?
Beth, take a deep breath. It's going to be all right. God put some people on this earth just to test our resolve. Be strong. Everything is just as it should be.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #33
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
I think he's referring to placing them in the freezer as a form of euthanization.

I had heard that you can place them in the fridge to induce coma and then in the freezer to kill them completely. This is what I have heard by reading various threads here on CS.com, though the subject seemed to be somewhat controversial as I recall it. But I do think this is what he's talking about.
I meant the "not anesthetically pleasing" part. What does that have to do with ending suffering? And why is it a reason NOT to end suffering?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #34
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Beth, take a deep breath. It's going to be all right. God put some people on this earth just to test our resolve. Be strong. Everything is just as it should be.
.......says the man with the funky new avatar
"It's fun to stay at the........"

Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #35
Em Wright
Oh sorry. I'm a dingbat sometimes.

But yes I have to agree... I didn't understand that either.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #36
Rotach
Hallie, if you look back a little you will see that danielle was the one who struck the first rude cord. I've noticed that some people are particularly rude and sarcastic, but that's not me, not in my nature. I'm not here to be rude or sarcastic to anyone. I'm 30 years old and I consider myself adult enough to know that it's not a good way to be. (some people take a lot longer)

Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #37
Em Wright
I personally didn't see Danielle being rude. Blunt, yeah, tactless a little, but not rude. I think I can understand her posts because I tend to get passionate as well about things and to me, that's exactly how she was being.

I guess some people could view that as rude, but I didn't.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #38
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
This sentence makes me want to slam my head into a wall.
Can somebody please explain to me what the bloody hell he's talking about?
I think he's talking about how people euthanize due to kinks and such.

What he doesn't understand is the fact that it isn't done because the snakes aren't nice to look at, it is because they usually have trouble surviving. Also, he clearly doesn't understand that you risk passing that deformity to another generation if that animal ends up in the hands of someone who decides to breed it.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #39
jpccusa
I believe he is convinced now (since he stopped posting things related to the OP)

Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #40
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
I personally didn't see Danielle being rude. Blunt, yeah, tactless a little, but not rude. I think I can understand her posts because I tend to get passionate as well about things and to me, that's exactly how she was being.

I guess some people could view that as rude, but I didn't.
Agreed. I didn't see it as rude either, just blunt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread