CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Release or Euthanize Cornsnakes? What's your opinion?
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #81
danielle
Wade did I miss a compliment from you? I am honored.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #82
torsten
Oops, Post count is in the same place as the age, under location when the age is not listed... sorry.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #83
jpccusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Danielle, may I say that I think you are a fine looking woman!!!
I am curious as well. I even went to her profile to see if she has a picture posted there and nothing.

Are you complimenting her beauty based on her postings?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #84
danielle
He's right outside my window guys, lol just kidding. I am shy and don't ever show my mug as you guys say and the one time I did seriously had to get a restraining order against some psycho that made into my backyard scary business.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #85
ziggybond_007
If a snake is deformed, ill, or refuses to eat, being released into the wild is one of the cruelest things you can do. When you bred your snakes, you took on the responsibility of the lives of all of the offspring. Sure, you may not want to watch the little animal die, but it would be the kindest way. Most of the morphs that have issues wouldn't survive or thrive in the wild simply because they lack the camouflage necessary, especially if they were ill or deformed before release. Plus the range of the cornsnake is not across the US, but only a region. I bought two of my corns from Maine, you really think they'd survive if released there?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #86
Rotach
HAHAHA!! Torsten! told you i'm 30. Wade, you've been called upon?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #87
Chip
I'm starting the Wade fan club.

And for some controversy regarding the thread subject... I have released scores if not hundreds of corns into the wild. For a few short years, I hunted Okeetee every spring. I had quite a collection after a while and some offspring weren't pretty enough. Many were extra males. Some didn't feed consistently. A few others had nasty dispositions. I had no qualms with taking them back to the area in which I collected their parents and releasing them. A few years when I couldn't make it down, I sent them with a friend to release. One year I paid shipping to send 30-odd yearlings I had no plans for to Davie Jones to release for me.
As for releasing them where they aren't native, that's a horrible idea. I have corns in my own back yard and am hesitant to release my captives here. There's a reason the corns around here are rather drab and the ones on the coast are bright, I imagine. And most morphs would have a decidedly disadvantage in the wild as well.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #88
Rotach
wade, get away from danielle's window.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #89
Rotach
elrojo.. holysh%t someone who partially agrees w/me.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #90
jpccusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotach View Post
elrojo.. holysh%t someone who partially agrees w/me.
And I thought you had changed your mind... as I can see, you were just afraid of showing your opinion due to lack of... huh huh... support.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread