CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Male Popping Pic

Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
HoosierHerper
Post Male Popping Pic

This is a pic of me popping my male. This really shows the hemipenes pretty good. If you learn to pop or want to try it, this is what you will look for in a male.
I do not have a female Corn right now, so if someone could post a pic of a female being popped, I think this thread would really help some new keepers.
PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL when doing this...I WILL NOT feel bad for you if you come to me crying that you watched this video and hurt your snake. I did it perfectly fine, and if you follow the directions you should be able to do the same.

This is the video that I learned off of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMqN402TiVg
It demonstrates on a Ball Python, however the same method is used for Corns. This video is credited to Ralph Davis.

My Male Amel being popped displaying hemipenes on either side...they appear to be small "tube-like" things that are somewhat red or pink in color...

-Josh
This is all a repost of what is in "Crush's Progression Thread" but this is for the people who don't follow Crush's thread....

Old 03-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
EmJagsz
Great shot of the hemipenes! I learned how to pop myself not too long ago, but this was still very helpful!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Em Wright
I have a male that I could try on, I just haven't yet. I'm afraid of hurting him.

Oh and am I the only one who read this as "pooping thread"? I looked at it again when actually clicking on it and realized it said popping... but still... I feel like a dumb brain.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
HoosierHerper
Haha...pooping thread, popping thread...they look similar...coincidence that mine pooped/peed on me when I did it earlier? Lol...

Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
HoosierHerper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
I have a male that I could try on, I just haven't yet. I'm afraid of hurting him.

Oh and am I the only one who read this as "pooping thread"? I looked at it again when actually clicking on it and realized it said popping... but still... I feel like a dumb brain.
If you think you are going to hurt him, just start out soft...you will quickly be able to feel how much pressure you need, and it is different for each one

Good luck, and you should watch that video if you haven't, helped me alot
There is another one from 8 Ball Pythons on there somewhere....

-Josh

Old 03-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Em Wright
I watched Kathy Love's video on it and while at the ReptiCon show in Charlotte I had Bill Love show me to pop. It's just a matter of getting up the courage to try it on my known boy.

And thanks for the encouragement!

Yeah, I'll have to hold mine over somethign that I don't mind if it gets poopied on.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
HoosierHerper
Ya, I was trying to watch Kathy's Video on her website, but I was at work at the time...(Sheriff's Dept) and they have ALOT of stuff blocked their...and it won't let me download jacksquat...

Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #8
Em Wright
Bah, silly work computers...

Okay, I think I'll go try to pop my boy. If I break him though I'll be so sad and it'll be totally your fault! J/K At any rate you have convinced me to go ahead and try.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #9
admitchell08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
Bah, silly work computers...

Okay, I think I'll go try to pop my boy. If I break him though I'll be so sad and it'll be totally your fault! J/K At any rate you have convinced me to go ahead and try.
Oh good luck! Please let me know how it goes!
I'm going to attempt this tomorrow!
Like you, I just never have been able to build up the courage to do it!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #10
Em Wright
It went well. I got the hemipenes to come out, though Zinn wasn't too happy about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google