CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Male Popping Pic

Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by admitchell08 View Post
So I just tried it on Raider, and he was not very cooperative at all. But once I finally got him positioned, I tried popping, but he had something else in mind..
He pooped all over me. So I cleaned up and went to try it again, only to have the same thing happen for a second time. Needless to say, being pooped on is no pleasant experience. So I guess I will wait a few days, or maybe even wait till feeding day, to try popping them so that way there is a better chance that their poop chutes are all cleared out so I won't have to be pooped on anymore...haha.

Oh well, better luck next time, eh?
Sorry, I couldn't help it. Are you sure you weren't pooping him, instead of popping him. LOL!!

Well, it is the ultimate indication of love, anyway.

Wayne

Old 03-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
admitchell08
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
Are you sure you weren't pooping him, instead of popping him. LOL!!

Haha! Maybe I was...

As he was squirming around, I was getting quite frustrated with him and quietly said under my breath "Hold still, you little sh*t!"...Well, he must have heard me and thought that there was a pretty good way to show me that he was not going to cooperate today...So he proved himself to be quite the "little sh*t"

Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
HoosierHerper
Haha....well atleast you tried today
As I see it...atleast when he poops on me, I don't have to clean his substrate lol
Just don't give up...if you are making him poop, then you are atleast half way there...you have found the vent, and are most likely holding in the right spot..
Just a litte pressure on the scale above(closer to his head) the vent, and the get your other thumb about a 1/4 inch below(closer to his tailtip) and with some pressure, "roll" your thumb up...
I'm sure if I could do it, anyone can Lol...

Quote:
^ Remind me to never, ever under any circumstance ask of yours and Christine's bedroom habits?!?!?!!??

-Josh

Old 03-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Em Wright
LOL sorry he pooped on you. But you tried at that counts. Good luck next time!!

Josh that's just sooooo wrong.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #25
Duane
i tryed this on both my ball pythons and the 1 i was told is female seemed right but my younger male i couldnt get anything to show and im just too nervous to try again without being shown in person thnx for that post.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #26
HoosierHerper
I am just soooo wrong aren't I

Duane, atleast you tried...I am pretty sure my BP is a female because I have popped her twice and just the pink puffy kinda thing came out, no hemipenes...BUT we could both just have a "stubborn" male...RobbiesCornField said that probing is best way to tell for sure with BPs...I'd give a few days, maybe just before the next feeding and try again...
I am doing some research on probing now...and may try it sometime in the future.

You're welcome for the post, and I hope it helped.

-Josh

Old 03-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post

^ Remind me to never, ever under any circumstance ask of yours and Christine's bedroom habits?!?!?!!??

-Josh
Your a funny guy!! LOL!!

Wayne

Old 03-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
MedusaCorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
Haha....well atleast you tried today
As I see it...atleast when he poops on me, I don't have to clean his substrate lol
Just don't give up...if you are making him poop, then you are atleast half way there...you have found the vent, and are most likely holding in the right spot..
Just a litte pressure on the scale above(closer to his head) the vent, and the get your other thumb about a 1/4 inch below(closer to his tailtip) and with some pressure, "roll" your thumb up...
I'm sure if I could do it, anyone can Lol...

-Josh
Hmmmm??

Old 03-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #29
Shiari
*grins happily* I just popped my stupid little non-feeder... my silver queen ghost is a boy! Once Dier has digest his/her food, I'm gonna pop him/her too!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #30
HoosierHerper
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusaCorns View Post
Hmmmm??

Haha! Christine...me and Andrew were talking about his snake pooping on him...
Wayne said this about pooping:

Quote:
Lol...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google