CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

starting to bug me

Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #21
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Any way you can convince him you'd be a better office manager? If you wanted to? I bet she doesn't stay long, now.
NO WAY, JOSE! I don't want that job! They hired a person recently that would make an excellent office manager (Gary), but the silly Doctor Boss figured for some reason, he didn't need to put anyone in charge yet once he had made the decision to divorce the witch (Jodi). And when the mice began playing (Jodi's little "pets" that are about as worthless as lips on a chicken) because there was no cat, he had to do something, and once again, the wrong something. Now he might actually lose the best person for the job (Gary absolutely loathes Jodi) and then the whole place is likely to fall apart. At which point, I will do one of 3 things:

1) Quit and try to find another job (and in today's economy, that isn't likely).
2) Remain and do the work of at least 3 people (again) trying to keep the place running.
3) Go completely postal and just start shooting at random.

I'm seriously voting for option #3 as the sheer satisfaction of doing bodily harm to a select group of people would be well worth whatever happens to me afterwards. Besides, a nice long vacation in a rubber room with some calming medication sounds pretty darn good!

Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #22
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
OK this is my favorite snake forum, but lately I have been getting a bit discouraged to even participate much anymore.
Hey Jen, I'm at home now and can give a decent response to your post I suppose. I think you're on to something, but at the same time you may be on something. I just think there's a natural ebb and flow that occurs individually. I think you basically have to remember what YOU come here for (At least I do anyway.), and go from there. I'm here for cornsnakes and like-minded-socialization. As long as I remember that, the rest is water off a duck's back. Yeah, I'm sure I've done my fair share in pissing people off and jumped into the fray, but for the most part I'd like to think I've been honest in doing so. I haven't lied, cheated, or stolen anything, and my intentions are less evil than I have been painted at times. The other thing is that there are more people that are active here now then there were 2, 3, or 4 years ago. You get more people, with more opinions (both similar and different) and you're going to get conflict. Your reaction to conflict has a lot to do with what direction it takes as well. There's been plenty, plenty! of threads where I've started responding and self censored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
I know what you mean, also, Jen. I love the fact that I've gotten to know people via this forum who share my joys, frustrations, and hopes with snakes. I enjoy the interaction with people on many levels, in and from many perspectives.
. . . we can get back to those fascinating discussions. I miss them, too.
I agree, and those discussions can occur starting yesterday, no need to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
and learned things from patient people like you, Brent, Kyle, Chris, Jim, Mike, Dale, Wade and others..
Nice to know I haven't pissed everyone off!!

Quote:
It would be so easy to go along and just make these silly kind of posts, if I really wanted to flood this forum with meaningless stuff about me me me.
You post where you want with what you want. Just remember why YOU are here and don't worry about the frivolous stuff. It's just like TV, radio, et.al. Turn the station/channel/thread. I'm a "New Posts" kinda guy. Of the 100's (AWESOME BTW!!!) of new posts each day I'll maybe read 10-20 and post in maybe 5-10 of those, but I like to think what I've read and what I've contributed is generally quality. That's what I want out of it . . . and I try to garner a laugh here and there.

Not sure if that helped or made sense, but it did in my mind's eye.
D80

Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #23
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
3) Go completely postal and just start shooting at random.
PS. CAREFUL!!! Someone's going to think you're serious (remember the "banning" thread?!) and start blasting you for it (no pun intended . . . okay, maybe.).

D80

Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #24
Hypancistrus
Quote:
So instead I just try to post and look for posts about the stuff I personally feel to be more relevant and then can't help but get frustrated when an interesting snake related post gets fewer replies than one about what someone had for dinner.
We keep running up against this point, in my opinion....

Who are any of us to decide what is "more relevant?" Especially in the "General Chit Chat" forum, which is SUPPOSED to be for random, off topic non-corn snake things... right?

Jen, are you noticing the same issues with posts in Misc. Corns, Photo Gallery, or any of the other corn snake forums??

Edit: I just want to state again that I am not a participant in DYK, but am a firm proponent of the idea "to each his own."

Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #25
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I've done my fair share in pissing people off and jumped into the fray,
I'm glad you are aware of it Brent. There is hope even for you.

Quote:
Nice to know I haven't pissed everyone off!!
D80
Eric is too nice to say to your face what he tells everyone else in PMs.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #26
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I'm glad you are aware of it Brent. There is hope even for you.
What do I owe you?

Quote:
Eric is too nice to say to your face what he tells everyone else in PMs.
You were on that list too. You should hear the venting he does!!

D80

Old 03-31-2009, 05:25 AM   #27
Nanci
I think there have been some fascinating discussions. What about Tesserra? What about the in-depth cube discussion? That's just a couple I can think of that I really learned from.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #28
Susan
Quote:
PS. CAREFUL!!! Someone's going to think you're serious (remember the "banning" thread?!) and start blasting you for it (no pun intended . . . okay, maybe.).

D80
And what makes you think I'm not serious? I have always been just this side of psycho, teetering on the edge. I have been in managerial positions before and have been told by my superiors that I literally scare my underlings. I have also been known to get violent when extremely angry. I have been lucky so far in that I know when to walk away and direct my violence towards inanimate objects (most of the time, however a few mice have met with violent and swift deaths, but they never bite me again ). I have broken more than one 2X4 or baseball bat when hitting trees, put my fist through walls and windows (not quite yet through doors) and smashed more than my share of dishes. What does surprise people is that I handle the "big stuff" with ease and a clear head. It's when the "little stuff" keeps multiplying and compounding that I go ballistic.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Hey Jen, I'm at home now and can give a decent response to your post I suppose. I think you're on to something, but at the same time you may be on something.
So you kind of agree but yet at the same time think I'm on drugs?

Nah, if I was I would probably be a bit more mellow and not be letting this kind of stuff irritate me
I got pretty much the kind of responses I expected here which run the gamut from "you're right" to "you're high" - of course. I did get a couple of PM and messages via rep enough to let me know I am not the only one feeling this way even if I am the one who opened their big mouth and said it.

Eh go ahead, bring the pandas, I am ready.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #30
Nanci
The pandas are what's bugging me...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google