CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

2 corns in 1 cage

Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #81
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Not eating for 6 wks plus months of on-again, off-again WILL create a huge size difference. She was 12 grams at the beginning of this year. She's growing apace with my 08s now. This means she is growing pretty quickly.
I truely am happy she is eating again, and growing. she is really pretty, and I dont want to offend. I should just keep my tongue. But this is one of those subjects that people get so passionate about. They tend to run people away from the site. I just dont want that to happen. I have learned so much from the site and I know others will to.

Edit: I am not saying co-habbing is not a contribiting factor to her size. But that it "may" not/ more than likely not the only factor in her not eating. You said yourself after the co-habbing she was on again and off again. Which could of been some other factor there.

Truely I am glad she is growing again and eating well for you.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 PM   #82
Shiari
Like I admitted, she is a very nervous snake to begin with. She's getting better and I've been able to handle her for a while now without her going off her food for a couple weeks. With her temperment, she would have starved to death in the wild even were she not a snow. :/

Old 10-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #83
Buzzard
I think I am lucky. I dont have any nervous snakes like that. Yet. Thank you for understanding my post. Just like Beth and you, I get passionate about certain subjects.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #84
Shiari
The temperment of mine range from "you're so mellow are you dead???" to a Ruby level of "gonna KEEL YOO!". Feeding time is interesting in my house.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #85
Buzzard
LMAO.... Mine just come out when I flick on the lights. I dont have any that want to "Keel You" but Most pop out and say "Hey wheres my food?" even when it is not feeding day.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #86
KINGSRULE
Wow this thread is the longest thread about something that would be really easy just realise it is a bad idea! Are we done now?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #87
starsevol
Yes, I know...I am too much a mouth for my own good sometimes. Newbies who have heard that co habbing is fine...well...I try my best to be kind, and nice, and instructive. The LAST thing I want to do is run anyone off this site. It is those that know the risks, know what can happen, and don't care that really grind my gears.
They go off to school, or work, ..they go to movies or out to eat...they live their lives...while their snakes are trying to cope with constant stress and unwanted companionship 24/7 in a situation that they are stuck in with no relief......well, you know!

And KINGSRULE...you have a Florida King? What type? And would you post pics?
I have a patternless goini girl named Maytag. I love her to pieces!!!!

Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #88
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
The temperment of mine range from "you're so mellow are you dead???" to a Ruby level of "gonna KEEL YOO!". Feeding time is interesting in my house.
LOL!!! Most of mine are mellow like that. But my avalanche baby is so intent on "keeling me" that she sometimes forgets that the food is that. She just gives me the evil eye and strikes repeatedly...

Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #89
Shiari
Vanay will gobble her food down so she can spend more time striking at me through the feed box. And at 20 grams, the bites are just starting to sting a little... I'm honestly thinking wussie gloves are in my future.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #90
KINGSRULE
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Yes, I know...I am too much a mouth for my own good sometimes. Newbies who have heard that co habbing is fine...well...I try my best to be kind, and nice, and instructive. The LAST thing I want to do is run anyone off this site. It is those that know the risks, know what can happen, and don't care that really grind my gears.
They go off to school, or work, ..they go to movies or out to eat...they live their lives...while their snakes are trying to cope with constant stress and unwanted companionship 24/7 in a situation that they are stuck in with no relief......well, you know!

And KINGSRULE...you have a Florida King? What type? And would you post pics?
I have a patternless goini girl named Maytag. I love her to pieces!!!!
I will post one tonight or tom!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google