CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #91
Emily1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I'm really hopng Nanci will withdraw her objections and go for the post. I can't think of anyone who's election would be so universally acclaimed!
Don't count yourself out either... I honest don't know who I'd vote for yet, but I do think Nanci should at least be running!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #92
wade
If enough people decline we won't have to vote.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #93
jazzgeek
There's a person who has been missing from this list who deserves our consideration....Katie, aka ArpeggioAngel.

Her dedication to this site and to this hobby is on par with anyone else mentioned here, and she's been very even-handed with her dealings with everyone here. She has met many of us IRL.

She busted her butt as the unofficial Daytona travel agent, booker of rooms, and banquet organizer.

And the best compliment that *I* could give her, given *my* reputation... is that I don't know, nor have I witnessed, her political and worldview stances. She's practically the Switzerland of cs.com.

I'd like to throw her name into the ring, if she doesn't mind.

Dale

Old 12-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #94
diamondlil
Hey Dale.....what about you? Would you take the post? I'd like to nominate you too.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #95
KJUN
Hey Nanci:

If you think you have the TIME and the INCLINATION to do it, sounds like you might have won before the election was even held.

KJ

Old 12-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #96
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
There's a person who has been missing from this list who deserves our consideration....Katie, aka ArpeggioAngel.

Her dedication to this site and to this hobby is on par with anyone else mentioned here, and she's been very even-handed with her dealings with everyone here. She has met many of us IRL.

She busted her butt as the unofficial Daytona travel agent, booker of rooms, and banquet organizer.

And the best compliment that *I* could give her, given *my* reputation... is that I don't know, nor have I witnessed, her political and worldview stances. She's practically the Switzerland of cs.com.

I'd like to throw her name into the ring, if she doesn't mind.

Dale

Thank you Dale for your kind words. I do love this site and most of the people on it. I do appreciate the nomination, but I am afraid I must decline. I do spend a fair amount of time on here (even whilst at work), but with a bunch of personal stuff coming up, I just do not believe I will readily have the time available to do this position justice.

I will however be working on the Daytona GTG again next year.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #97
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Hey Dale.....what about you? Would you take the post? I'd like to nominate you too.
Thanks, Janine - but just as I alluded to in the original runoff for mods, I'd be the first to ban myself.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." -- Groucho Marx

Seriously, I appreciate the consideration.

Dale

Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #98
Rich in KY
There are some great nominees. Whoever we get, I am sure they will do a great job.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #99
vetusvates
Dale and Katie would be great.

I am so torn, though, about inflicting this...awesome/awesomely troublesome task on my real friends.

But seriously, I see the virtue in Rich Z's implied intention with the OP :
"People who want the job apply within" (paraphrased).

Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #100
mike17l
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.
Eric, I will accept. I know that I am no Nanci, but I will give everyone ice cream.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread