CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #51
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily1188 View Post
Hmmm... wrong thread, Fred?
OOOPS!!! I'll remove it now. Thanks, Emily!

Old 12-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #52
vetusvates
I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #53
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
I would nominate Kathy in a heartbeat, every single thing I've ever seen her write is consistently level-headed, wise and fair ( I'm guessing she probably doesn't have the time for this though). That being said, with Eric ( another great person with many of the same virtues) pulling his hat out of it, I would like to see Nanci or Robbie as moderators.

ps Rich, I bolded my choices to make it easier to count.
I was thinking Kathy Love as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.
Maybe this is the time to install two mods, the work load would be lightened for Susan, Deano and An. Other, a bit.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #54
ForkedTung
Thanks Eric, very kind of you, but I don't see myself doing that...and well...sounds like it might involve something related to work (As I'm sure our already hard-working mods would agree.) and I'm trying very hard to keep this a hobby.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #55
Rich Z
Please remember that anyone nominated has to accept the nomination HERE to be considered. No sense expending the votes on someone who does not want to do this.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #56
snakewispera snr
Rich, I feel I would love to stand but I believe it will just split the vote.
And I think there is much stronger candidates who are definitely gonna take this..

Are you gonna post a list of everyone who has been nominated or will it be better if you chose people who you think already tow the party line as ultimately you have to be happy with them?

Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #57
Carinata
I nominate Wade He is assertive, always hears both sides of the story and is fair.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #58
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Rich, I feel I would love to stand but I believe it will just split the vote.
And I think there is much stronger candidates who are definitely gonna take this..

Are you gonna post a list of everyone who has been nominated or will it be better if you chose people who you think already tow the party line as ultimately you have to be happy with them?
I don't know about "party line", but pretty much anyone who has bumped heads with me over how I run this site will not have much chance of being on the roster. I can't see putting someone into a moderator position when there has already been obvious friction over my decisions. A masochist I'm not.

I will also give the moderators veto power over any candidates, as we all need to work together, and I am not about to bring someone on board if it makes matters worse because of conflicts between moderators. Moderators need to run this site how I want it to be run. I give them a lot of leeway because of the gray areas, but there isn't any room here for someone who will drive a wedge, either accidentally or intentionally, right through the membership and staff.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #59
wade
Thanks David, but Rich said I can't be a mod.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #60
Carinata
Damn...........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread