CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

wots the worst piece of reptile advice you've ever been given??

Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #281
Outcast
While I do not argue that people release snakes into the wild. That is not nearly as big of a problem as release by natural disasters.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #282
LGRIGG
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBlades View Post
I had to research when I moved up here, that's why I had to get a non-natural morph color. to prove to any authorities I didn't capture it from the wild.
just an FYI -I just checked the dept. of wildlife VA regulations on capture/possession of reptiles, amphibians and fish. Unless what I read has changed or was out dated. I had to read it twice. don't know why they couldn't have just said -it's ok to have five snakes or 20 fish. The following is copy/pasted directly from the site-

"Taking aquatic invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, and nongame fish for private use**
It is lawful to collect and possess live for private use** only, and not for sale, no more than 5 individuals of any non-listed species of amphibian and reptile, and no more than 20 individuals of any non-listed species of aquatic invertebrate and nongame fish (4 VAC 15-360-10). Non-listed terrestrial invertebrates may be taken in unlimited numbers for private use** only. NO Threatened and Endangered Species may be held for personal use.

•** private use means for use in the home, not for scientific, research, survey or educational purposes (which requires a permit)."

Non-listed Species are plants/animals that do not appear on the VA dept of fish and game endangered list. I had to look this up also. Corn snakes are non-listed. I think we can assume "private use" means pet status. I think you are safe to get a wild color corn in Virginia whether you buy it from a breeder or find it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google