CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Lars won't eat =[ HELP

Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #11
bitsy
Could well be "settling in" blues. I have one in particular that hates any kind of change and moving him to a new viv did once spark a lengthy period of refusals.

Double-check your temps - too high or too low can affect whether they eat or not.

I'd also try leaving him with the mouse overnight. Just because he's never needed that before, doesn't mean it'll stay that way. They can suddenly decide to change the habits of a lifetime for no reason that seems obvious to us.

In the absence of any other indications of a health problem, I think it's just patience now. Keep offering his usual food at his usual intervals.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
visceralrepulsion
incase anyone was wondering lars did eat a couple days after i posted this thread, and is doing well, although hes now on an every 14 day diet instead of 10 days, because he was getting a bit "robust" haha

Old 02-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Caryl
I'm glad he ate for you. :-) I'm playing catch-up and I'm happy to read of the happy ending.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
Naagas
Yay! I'm glad he ate! Did you change anything, or did he just eat this time?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
Ares2010
glad he ate finally. He certainly worried you, didn't he?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
bitsy
Fantastic! Congrats.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #17
visceralrepulsion
i didnt change anything that i can think of. im considering that he just takes more time than most snakes do before and after shedding to want to eat again. it was a week after he shed that he ate. he certainly had me worried. and unfortunately hes on another hunger strike =[. nothing has changed. his temps are good, hes been in the same tank for nearly a month, etc. my boyfriend is the one who tried to feed him though. i couldnt be there to feed him and my boyfriend didnt try covering the feeding bin, nor leaving him in there with it for awhile. but in about a week well try again using a smaller bin with a cover and leaving him with the mouse for awhile. also he may just be in the mood for love, you could say, and on a breeding hunger strike due to it being near spring. well see what happens, wish me luck!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
Naagas
Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
brumation, digestion, feeding, not eating