CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bloated stomach

Old 05-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #41
Caryl
That's really great! I'm so happy to hear your good news! Your snake made it because of your good care, and your vet's help. I'm just glad I could be here for you in the cheering section. Looking forward to future updates!

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2022, 06:17 AM   #42
Quinn_1234
Hi. I'm here with an update. She poops well, but sometimes 2 times after feeding. I gave her probiotics 3 times already. In the beginning it looked like it helped. The week before last, she had her bloating only once, ant it was just tiny. On Sunday she also had a little bit of bloating, and it disappeared again after massaging. Yesterday when I picked her up to feed she didn't have anything, and while eating her bloating appeared from nowhere. In the morning she had a nice stomach with mouse inside. When I came home, I found her with bloating again. It's so sad, I don't know how to help her. By the way she is feeling better. She gains weight and she strikes food. She has a good appetite.

Old 06-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #43
Caryl
You're such an attentive caregiver. That's wonderful! I'm sure you'll be in touch with the vet about the recent developments. Pooping twice after a meal isn't terribly unusual. Obviously the return of bloating isn't good. It's good that she is at least feeling better. Sometimes recovery takes more time than we wish. Please update after you talk to the vet. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2022, 11:11 PM   #44
Quinn_1234
Thank you for your kind words. We visited another doctor. She was aware of probiotics and suggested to continue giving them to my snake. she said that it's most probably didbalance. She said it would take a month or more to help with this problem. This bloating doesn't really bother my girl. She eats well. Last time she even was aggressive while striking her food. She never did it before. She gains weight. She had not really good poop last time, but I think it's because of her problem. If she has bad poops next time, I'll go to the vet again.

Old 06-18-2022, 05:35 AM   #45
Quinn_1234
Update number.....We went to the vet to check her poop again. Vet found yeast in the poop, which actually explains her symptoms-bloating with gases. I've got different medications that will hopefully help.

Old 06-24-2022, 10:09 PM   #46
Quinn_1234
So, it's need a week since I started giving her a bunch of medicine. She pooped/peed 3 times since that and she passed out a lot of gases. Bloating lessened a lot. She still has some gases inside, but I hope they will go away soon. Today I fed her. Waiting for poop. I'll update after the doctor's visit again.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:20 PM   #47
Caryl
I do hope that your snake continues feeling better. The strong feeding response you describe is a positive sign. It's good that she has you to look out for her.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:43 AM   #48
Quinn_1234
It's been 2 vet visits after medication, but yeast is still there. We tried 2 different types of antibiotics, but they only reduced number of yeast in my snake stomach. Doctor suggested to continue giving her new probiotics and check out the changes again. Honestly, I'm hopeless. Doctor says there's antifungal medication that can help, but it also has severe side effects, so if probiotics don't help, we will use that one. My poor baby.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:40 PM   #49
Caryl
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that your baby's still having such troubles. I'm not familiar with the side effects of antifungal treatment in snakes. What did the vet say were the side effects of treatment? Yeast is a single-celled fungus. Standard treatment for yeast in mammals, including humans, is antifungal medication. I'm not challenging your vet, I'm honestly asking why they recommend against an antifungal treatment.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:20 PM   #50
Quinn_1234
The doctor didn't name me side effects of antifungal medication. She said that usually snakes don't have yeast, and vets usually don't treat snakes with such medication, so the real side effects on snakes are unmowed. She suggested to avoid it for now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google