CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Morph Opinion....

Old 04-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
SnakeCreations
Morph Opinion....

Hi All -

Could you take a look at this sweet girl and give me your opinion on her morph please?

Thanks a ton!!

-Tonya

Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
Tula_Montage
hype or amber maybe no?

either that or normal with reduced black pigment but ack what do i know

Old 04-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
Tula_Montage
hypo* sorry

Old 04-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
danvega
Looks like a 'normal'

Old 04-22-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
jzal8
interesting head pattern...do you know the parents?

Old 04-23-2006, 12:21 AM   #6
SnakeCreations
Hi Matt - no, nothing about the parents. I really wish I did, it would make trying to figure her out a little easier.

Tula - you know when I first saw her I thought hypo too.

Dan - yes, she may be normal - however her belly checkers are not black, is that truly a normal?

Thanks all

-tonya

Old 04-23-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
John Albrecht
head pattern makes me think bloodred in ancestory somewhere

Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
SnakeCreations
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Albrecht
head pattern makes me think bloodred in ancestory somewhere
Hi John -

You know I thought the same thing - first with the head pattern and then with the white stripe on the belly patterns (look near the tail) make me think het for bloodred. Am I way off?

-Tonya

Old 04-23-2006, 03:10 AM   #9
Drizzt80
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's 'just' a normal. I personally don't see enough red, nor belly pattern, to indicate het for bloodred (I hatched a few out in '05, so do have something to compare to.). From the phenotype, I think the most I'd personally hope for would be het for hypo, but would obviously welcome any other surprises!

D80

Old 04-23-2006, 04:09 AM   #10
CornCrazy
I am also going to say "normal" (maybe hypo). The head pattern does resemble a bloodred's, so there may be bloodred in its ancestry...if you're lucky! The belly pattern does not show a white line, in my opinion. Here are some pics of one of my snakes that is het bloodred (she is a hypo):

The white is running down the middle of the belly. That is what is typically seen with a het bloodred.

This one is an anery het bloodred motley. I will try to get some belly pics later today.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google