CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

burmation info please

Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #1
lenore
Question burmation info please

hi

after lots of reading and searching i am still unsure. i need to know what to do with my 2 adult corns that a resuced from a horrid woman in january.
the question is shoud i or should i not burmate them? the woman never told me if she had ever done it before so if i did do it could it hurt them in anyway? considering that they have been in the same tank together all their lives. would it effect beeding. would they just do things on thir own?

any info would be nice

thanks

Old 09-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
Chris Olson
Lenore,
First off, are you sure you have a male and a female? Secondly, how are you defining "adult?" 300 grams? If you are planning to breed them, and you definitely have a sexually mature pair in good health, then brumation will improve your odds for a successful breeding. In my opinion, cooling them is not as important as reducing their photoperiod. Give them fewer daylight hours. As for cooling them, it doesn't take much. They should not be fed during the cooling and two weeks before. If you are not planning on breeding them it is not necessary to brumate them. I suggest waiting another season and in the meantime, hang around here, read a lot, and learn as much as you can before attempting to breed your snakes.

Chris

Old 09-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #3
lenore
yes they have been probed. my female is 7yrs old and just under 4foot in length, the male is 6 and is over 5 foot in length. i dont plan on breeding. however if they did i have the right equipment for eggs as she laid slugs a while back.

thank you

x

Old 09-20-2006, 08:14 AM   #4
Chris Olson
I see......well good luck then. What kind of corns are they?

Chris

Old 09-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
lenore
pictures

im not sure. i posted these pics b4 and wastold they were both normal. i love them tho.

i will post another one if i can find it

Old 09-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
Chris Olson
The bottom one is a motley. The plain white belly is the biggest giveaway.

Chris

Old 09-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
lenore
thank you

thanks for your help u have been great.
well u never no i might get a surprise next year

thanks again

leanne

x

Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Chris Olson
No problem

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google