CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Medford Oregon show this Saturday July 14

Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
ghosthousecorns
Medford Oregon show this Saturday July 14

Just thought I'd post about this upcoming show, in case any Oregonians/ Northern Californians are up for a little herp show this weekend. I will be there with some nice corn snake babies. I hope to see you there! It's at the Red Lion Inn in Medford Oregon, take I-5 to exit 30.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #2
ghosthousecorns
Here's a link with some more information:
http://www.westcoastcaptivebreeders....ford_show.html

Old 07-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
Fizzlefry22
Glad to hear that you are going to make it! Sia and I are about 95% sure we are coming up Saturday morning. What corns are you bringing with you?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
ghosthousecorns
I got a couple of hypos, a couple of charcoals, a couple amels, a bunch of normals, some cool hets and poss hets. My own babies won't be ready yet but I recently got a nice wholesale deal

Old 07-11-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
Fizzlefry22
Wouldn't happen to be a 1.1 pair of charcoals would it?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 AM   #6
ghosthousecorns
Sorry but they are both male... I sent you pm with more info

Old 07-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #7
dionythicus
The person who runs this and I believe most of the Oregon shows won't allow other rodent vendors to take booth space because he feels the shows are too small to allow another rodent seller (he sells his rodents there), but yet he allows more than one gecko vendor, cornsnaker vendor, boa vendor, etc. at his shows. He doesn't want the competition with rodents. This makes it a monopoly and I believe its unlawful for him to do that, but he gets away with it. The only show in Oregon I support is the Hillsborough show. It is big enough that other rodent vendors are allowed. My rodent supplier has been squeezed out by this person, but is allowed to attend the one in Hillsborough. So if you go, stop by the rodent sales booth and ask if there's anyone else selling rodents at the show, and see what he says.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #8
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionythicus
The person who runs this and I believe most of the Oregon shows won't allow other rodent vendors to take booth space because he feels the shows are too small to allow another rodent seller (he sells his rodents there), but yet he allows more than one gecko vendor, cornsnaker vendor, boa vendor, etc. at his shows. He doesn't want the competition with rodents. This makes it a monopoly and I believe its unlawful for him to do that, but he gets away with it. The only show in Oregon I support is the Hillsborough show. It is big enough that other rodent vendors are allowed. My rodent supplier has been squeezed out by this person, but is allowed to attend the one in Hillsborough. So if you go, stop by the rodent sales booth and ask if there's anyone else selling rodents at the show, and see what he says.
Weird, I thought I saw someone else besides him selling mice last year in Medford. That sucks about your friend, though. All I can say is there really is not that much to choose from for shows in Oregon. I looked into the Hillsboro but the tables were a bit too costly for me. I will be at Wilsonville (Portland Metro Reptile Expo) August 25 and the other WCCBE in Portland in November. I do OK at these small shows, it doesn't bother me if other people are selling corns. If I went to a show I'd want to have a selection, not just one vendor for each type of animal. But I understand why you don't support the WCCBE shows at least. I have never bought mice at a show so I didn't even know there was an issue.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:34 AM   #9
dionythicus
He only started breeding his own mice and selling them this year, I believe. Last year he was allowing other rodent vendors, now he wants a corner on the market. That's not cool with me.

Hillsboro (totally spelled it wrong the first time!) is a pretty nice show, haven't looked at table prices. I was hoping to get into the Puyallup show, but decided I won't have enough to make the expense of a table worth it. Next year, maybe. Splitting a table is always good at the bigger shows, too.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #10
srsb
Hi Oregonians!

I was looking at the website for that show. I actually live in Maryland, but I am going to Oregon tomorrow for a conference. Unfortunately, it looks like I will be too far away to go to the show. I am staying in Corvallis at the University.

This will be my first trip to Oregon! It would have been cool if I could bring home an Oregonian snake Of course, I don't know how the airline would feel about that.

Sonja

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google