CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

My first year breeding

Old 06-19-2022, 08:19 PM   #171
inu009
I think I'm going to have to switch from tong feeding to drop feeding, one of the babies is super high strung and kept jumping out of the bin, caught it 3 times..but the 4th time, right on the floor. I had to dive to grab it before it hid behind something x.x Needless to say we're both traumatized after that lol.

Every baby after that, I just dropped the pinky in the bin. I prefer tong feeding but in such small tubs, it's too risky for the high strung ones. There's no where to go but out x.x

So far I am 13/13 eaters. I skipped Geronimo, after that ordeal, I moved to him tomorrow's group.

Old 06-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #172
inu009
25/26 babies have eaten, I offered Geronimo a pinky but hasn't eaten it yet, I'll check again in the morning. 5 more to go tomorrow.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:12 AM   #173
Caryl
Quote:
Originally Posted by inu009 View Post
25/26 babies have eaten...
That's a huge congratulations! I always breathe a sigh of relief after the first meals are inside the babies.

FWIW I don't even try to mess with tongs when feeding bitty babies. (The exception is if I'm working with a picky eater.) Too easy for things to go sideways.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 06-21-2022, 06:26 PM   #174
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
That's a huge congratulations! I always breathe a sigh of relief after the first meals are inside the babies.

FWIW I don't even try to mess with tongs when feeding bitty babies. (The exception is if I'm working with a picky eater.) Too easy for things to go sideways.

yes I have learned my lesson lol. Geronimo ate last night thankfully.

Sooo right now I'm at 30/31 eaters. Hopefully by morning I'll be 31/31.

Finally getting to weight the babies so far averaging 7 grams, after first meal and first (mouse) poop. In terms of sexing, I thought I was going to use the light trick since they're all amels, but either I dont know what I'm doing (plausible) or everyone I've checked so far has been a girl lol.

Old 06-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #175
inu009
Edit: 31/31!!

Old 06-22-2022, 09:33 AM   #176
inu009
Have I mentioned how hard it's going to be to decide who I am keeping?

Cleaned out his tub and weighed this one today and they're GORGEOUS, all that red. Also I can now tell the difference between who does and doesn't have belly checkers and this one doesn't. So it's probably a (low expression?) motley right?

Name:  FV26hDLWQAEC9M_.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  48.0 KB

Old 06-22-2022, 11:04 AM   #177
hypnoctopus
That's amazing that they've all eaten! Such a good feeling.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:45 PM   #178
blacktip
Looks like a typical motley to me. Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu009 View Post
Have I mentioned how hard it's going to be to decide who I am keeping?

Cleaned out his tub and weighed this one today and they're GORGEOUS, all that red. Also I can now tell the difference between who does and doesn't have belly checkers and this one doesn't. So it's probably a (low expression?) motley right?

Attachment 198281

Old 06-22-2022, 07:11 PM   #179
Caryl
Awesome!!! It is really wonderful that they're all eating!! (Including your pretty Amel Motley.)

Deciding on keepers can really be difficult. How many do you plan to hang onto?

Old 06-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #180
inu009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Awesome!!! It is really wonderful that they're all eating!! (Including your pretty Amel Motley.)

Deciding on keepers can really be difficult. How many do you plan to hang onto?

The plan is/was(?) 2, one snow, one Amel. But now there's like 3 amels I want to keep lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google