CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Red Albino + Anerythristic???

Old 04-03-2002, 01:26 AM   #1
mehnkle
Question Red Albino + Anerythristic???

I am thinking about breeding corns. I was wondering- what color and pattern would be if I bread a RED ALBINO + An ANERYTHRISTIC ???

Thanks a lot!

Old 04-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #2
Serpwidgets
Assuming that "red albino" means Amelanistic, that combo makes snow corns.

However, in the first generation your offspring will only be carriers of those two recessive genes, so all of the offspring will look normal. That is, unless one or both of your starters are het for the other trait, which could result in some mutants.

When you breed the offspring together you would be able to get amels, anerys, and maybe a snow or two.

See my genetics tutorial for a clearer explanation.

Old 04-04-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
CornsnakeKeeper
Serpwidgets is correct, just so you hear it from more than one person. The babies will all be normal but carry the genes for anery and red albino. Therfore, if you take 2 of the normal babies and breed them, you will get some red albinos, some anerys, and maybe a snow or two.

Old 04-05-2002, 03:56 PM   #4
andys999
Just wanted to say that I've been looking at serpwidgets genetic tutorial and that it's very good

Do you mind if I add a link to this from my site??

Cheers

ANdy

Old 04-06-2002, 01:36 AM   #5
Serpwidgets
No Problem...

It's generally accepted protocol that when you link to someone's site, you link directly to their front page, so that they may control traffic from there.

However, I'm not concerned with that, so go ahead and link directly to the genetics tutorial.

Old 04-06-2002, 04:31 AM   #6
andys999
That's not a problem - I'll do a link to your homepage but add a note to check out the genetics tutorial.

Thanks

Andy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google