CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Stupid Question...

Old 04-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #1
Melissa
Question Stupid Question...

Ok....with my Creamcicle thats not eating. Someone suggested "scenting" a fuzzy or hopper. HOW exactly do i do that? I'll be trying this tomorrow, WISH ME LUCK!

Old 04-05-2002, 11:33 PM   #2
nicky
umm

well actually I'm not totally sure on this put one way I know a little messy get some open cuts on the mouse and so the sent of blood is in the air that'll work

Old 04-05-2002, 11:43 PM   #3
Iris
Hey could you be more specific? How old is the snake? Male? Female? How long has (s)he been refusing food? etc. Any details, even if you think they are irrelevant, include them so everyone can give suggestions.

Old 04-06-2002, 03:34 AM   #4
Warren
Hey Malissa,

What exactly are you going to scent the fuzzy with? A Lizard? Anyway, what I would suggest is that you wash off the feeder to get as much of the scent of mouse off as you can. Then, simply rub the washed feeder with whatever you are scenting with. Some even try by openning the cavity of the lizard or whatever and rubbing the feeder in the cavity.
If this is to much the blood thing also may work. Just take your feeder and pinch the nose to get a little blood to come out. As mentioned, this does attract the snake to eat most of the time.
(This is assuming your snake is not in shed right now).

Good Luck!!
Warren

Old 04-06-2002, 12:01 PM   #5
CornsnakeKeeper
I've also heard of chicken broth. Anyone tried scenting with this?

Old 04-06-2002, 03:08 PM   #6
Warren
Hi,

Yes, I've used chicken broth with limited success. I had close to 150 babies last year and when you have that many you always have a few stubburn feeders. Say out of 10 babies that wouldn't eat I had 3 or 4 to take a pinkie w/ chicken broth. I plan on having chicken broth handy again this year. Keep in mind, some babies just WILL NOT eat and theirs nothing you can do.

L8r,
wc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google