CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Tessera Debate

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #251
omni
This is gonna be a mix for anyone planning working w/ them: I'm thinking the only tessaras (at least 90%+) that become available in the next 3 years will just have one copy of the gene, being visual but just 'het for' giving only half clutches of the pattern. It will take another gen after that to have 'pure' tessaras from breeding them together, and it'd still be a guess if the offspring had 1 or both copies.
Let's see what the next 2 years market for them will be. There will be plenty time for lots ppl to get into working with them before it's played out. Years. I'd hope to get one in 2 yrs, but it might be three+ yrs before they are ~$300 which is most I'd buy one for. The market might not fall out fast as ppl think even tho is a dominant pattern. There's too many morphs that will gain from having this look and the time for ppl to get them and actually combine into multi-gene morphs.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #252
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Ah, but it does NOT display some of the classic tessera patterning, such as a stripe onto the tail. That is a pinstripe motley.
I SECOND THAT STRONGLY!!!! I have produced several Pinstripe Motleys and all look exactly like that photo. I could be wrong but I would bet my money that its Motley.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #253
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by abell82 View Post
This one was on kingsnake a few days ago...
IMO...There is way to much motley in the stripe.

Upper right hand corner

Hypo Motley/Pinstripe...stripes clean like Tessera but not related in any way. OH yeah! not a full stripe on the tale either.

This is also why Tessera is going to be an interesting challenge for all of us. It brings the Bernie Madoffs out of the wood work to sell genetics that may not be as they appear.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #254
Nanci
Those are a perfect example of the difference in the width of the center stripe on a stripe vs a pinstripe motley.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #255
SickPyth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Those are a perfect example of the difference in the width of the center stripe on a stripe vs a pinstripe motley.
Thank you Nanci. The pinstripe versions of motley are really unique against stripes. Tessera takes on the pinstripe look and then as seen with the new Sunkissed Tessera the stripe gets wide, weird huh!

I agree with Don S. in a personal Email, Tessera has thicker black borders against the stripe then stripes or motley/pinstripes.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #256
whoty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
If you _wanted_ to get them off, could you? Do your teeth have to have something done to them to get them put on? What if you need a filling?? Can they be x-rayed through?
Dentist way,yeah. They file and space your teeth. "Pull outs" as they call it way,no. They just slap it on. lol

Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #257
whoty
Sorry bout that...now back to original scheduled program.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google