CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Just looking for reasurrance re: moving up to fuzzies

Old 08-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
gsdbecca
Just looking for reasurrance re: moving up to fuzzies

I fed my yearling her first fuzzy today. She did fine, but it did take a quite a bit longer for her to swallow it. Is that normal? I was feeling very confident that she was ready, has been on two large pinkies for about 3 weeks, and they no longer leave much of a bulge. The fuzzy was certainly no more than 1.5x her at her widest spot.

I'm just still so new to watching these critters swallow things whole; I was holding my breath as her throat grew and grew.

Anyhow, just looking for reassurance! TIA

Becca

Old 08-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
bitsy
Absolutely normal, yep. The first few take aaaages and it looks really extreme compared to the smaller food size. Once they've made the adjustment to the new size, they'll be going down the hatch in no time. It just takes a bit of practice.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
HermesMom
I learned the best thing for me was not to watch them eat 'cuz I worried about them, lol.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
gsdbecca
Yeah, but it's like a train wreck...kind of creeps me out and fascinates me all at the same time. I also feel like if I don't watch something will go wrong. LOL! Not sure what I think I would do, give her the Hiemlich?

Becca

Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
HermesMom
I hear ya Becca, I'm sort of the same way with the train wreck scenerio lol. That's what I was doing to myself, wondering IF something happened... what the heck could I do about it? Now all my corns get fed in their bins, wrapped with a towel or blanket around the sides so no more peeking for me lol. I clean their viv, tinker around a bit then when I peek they're ready to get out and go home to their vivs. Works much easier for this worrier, lol.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
jessicashallperish
i bumped my hatchlings up to large pinkies last feeding.. i kept telling my boyfriend that i didnt think they could do it lol they all did it.. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google