CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Questions on water.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #11
ruraldean
We have flouride in the water here in the UK and all my corns have nice shiny teeth and never need to see a dentist.

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding...)

Tap water's fine.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #12
PantherThom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weda737 View Post
Zoomed's Reptisafe Water Conditioner. I believe my local petsmart carries it. I've been thinking about getting it because sometimes I can really smell the chlorine in my water. And yes letting it sit makes it safer but a dark secret of bottled water is that it has much more bacteria than fresh from the tap water. When it sits in a bottle like that the bacteria just grows. I've just been using it fresh and not letting it sit, since I had a ball python die from blister disease a few years ago I've been really careful to keep my soaking bowls and substrate scrupulously clean. Even bought a bottle of F10
Thank you so much, I will definitely be looking into it.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #13
SteveP
I use one of the pitcher filters for my snakes water. The water here though is iffy even for me to drink. If I brew a pot of coffee with it I swear it looks like the Exon Valdese sank in my coffee pot. There are some conflicting opinions concerning the effect of chlorine on snakes. Personally I do just because it makes me feel better.

Steve

Old 08-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
xzcarloszx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherThom View Post
I've just become a snake owner and want to do everything right, and I've heard that not just any water will do, all I have access to is my kitchen sink water and was wondering if that is bad, and if so should I remove the water immediately/how bad is it? I researched and researched a bunch about snakes before getting Olaf (adult corn) and I only now came across this water issue. Please help, thank you.

~PT
Olaf - League of Legends?

Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 AM   #15
PantherThom
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzcarloszx View Post
Olaf - League of Legends?
There is a viking on LoL named Olaf, one of my best played, too. But I named him after the Scandinavian King of Norway. :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google