CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

I know this isn't a corn... but...

Old 06-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #41
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndGenSnakeDude View Post
I know a lot of people are against the whole "hybrid" thing but I would like to see it bred to a palmetto corn to see if it is the same gene.
I couldn't agree with you more. It certainly would be interesting to see if these are in fact the same gene....

Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #42
Chip
I've seen the Chocolate chip (calico) rat that presumably has the same gene as the Palmetto, and I am almost certain this isn't it.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I've seen the Chocolate chip (calico) rat that presumably has the same gene as the Palmetto, and I am almost certain this isn't it.
Ahh, thats the problem with "names". Was thinking of the few pics of calico corns I've seen over the years. Shoulda clarified. It kind of looks like a calico corn, only as a black rat

Old 06-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #44
Chip
Gotcha. As you know, those proved very problematic. Fingers crossed this fella is free of those issues!

Old 06-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #45
2ndGenSnakeDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
That's the thing, it's just presumably at this point, know one knows for sure.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #46
hikisquid
My husband says it must be a cookies&cream snake. I'd love to see these in the hobby if the genetics proves out, in fact I'd even be willing to save up for a pet one.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #47
Carpe Serpentis
Whatever it is, it appears no one knows for sure just yet. As for issues implied... I'd love to hear more about those.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #48
SnakesAndStuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Serpentis View Post
Whatever it is, it appears no one knows for sure just yet. As for issues implied... I'd love to hear more about those.
Same here. Curious about what issues there have been in the past with presumably similar genetics.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #49
chris68
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesAndStuff View Post
Same here. Curious about what issues there have been in the past with presumably similar genetics.
There is really nothing to compare it to, as far as I know in regards to morph black rats. To me, it kind of looks like what calico corns look like. Calico's were said to have a genetic deficiency, or mutation, whatever that caused them to blister, and eventually die. I doubt there is any connection between that "morph" of corn and whatever is going on here.

Would love to see it in person, and any thread talking about black rats is a cool one. My favorite snake, so under appreciated. Would be real cool if its inheritable, and added another gene for black rat fans to play with

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google