CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Thinking about getting this female. Pewter.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:14 PM   #1
Senusenu
Thinking about getting this female. Pewter.

I just messaged the breeder to see if she's still available, and get other info on her.

To my untrained eye, she does look pewter but I'd like second opinions! If she in for sure pewter, then I will most likely get her, as I've been looking for a nice charcoal girl for a while. I'm already waiting on a beautiful lavender, so she'd make another great addition to my colony.

Thanks for looking!

Old 06-30-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Senusenu

Ugh didn't attach and photobucket was being super slow. Here's the photo.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
Dragonling
Looks like pewter to me.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
Senusenu
I thought so. They seem lighter, and there's less contrast on charcoals than on aneries? There's still some morphs I am learning to differentiate. I was sure she was, but am wary of accidental mislabeling

The question is, if she's available and I do get her, do I put her to my snow, or my hypo pied-sided blood red masque ;p

Old 06-30-2016, 03:41 PM   #5
Dragonling
I'd avoid mixing anery and charcoal if you don't want to play the which-is-which guessing game down the road. Pairing to your hypo p/s will yield bloods het phantom, and I suppose "het p/s" as well, though I remain unconvinced that it's controlled by a single recessive gene. Pairing holdbacks from that clutch could give you bloods, hypo bloods, pewters, and hypo pewters, any of which could possibly be pied-sided as well.

Em hotep, by the way.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
Senusenu
I was thinking about the anery/charcoal issue, like you said, because I have read discussions on it with people having trouble discerning them.

I do like the idea of mixing the hypo pied, as my long term goals include working on pied projects. Or I could save up for another nice male with the charcoal gene and go a different route (I have other goals, but don't have the requisite genes to start the project yet). Of course, it all hinges on the breeder getting back to me about her availability!

Old 06-30-2016, 11:57 PM   #7
Dragonling
I would love to see more p/s in more unusual combinations. A high white phantom p/s would be high on my list to buy.

I'm so curious now...no one outside of KO ever spells "senebty" with a y...would you happen to know Taryt en Yinepu? I think she may have done the rites for Shemsu-Ankh, but I can't remember.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
Senusenu
I'm definitely hoping to infuse p/s into more morphs. Once my females are old enough, I'll be working on caramel diffused, hypo diffused, lavender diffused, and combos of each (ie hypo lavender diffused, etc etc). I need to get in more, tho. Charcoal, lava, and cinder are my next targets to look for, eventually doing combos of those, and tessera versions as well. It'll be quite a long term project. I fell in love with pied-sided the first time I saw one, and my boy is only low expression, but I have high hopes

No, I do not know Taryt en Yinepu. I am Shemsu, just not very active for personal reasons. I do check the KO boards from time to time. I don't really know anyone of Egyptian flavor paganism beyond the people I knew from the boards. I keep a shrine (but it's gotten extremely messy due to lack of space elsewhere in my room, it ends up being the catchall for anything I consider important, but just statues, incense, and shrine related stuff these days).

Sadly, that particular little snake I named Senebty, I got from PetCo and looked like an extreme high white RO, I had to return. It had what looked like extreme stuck shed that none of my tricks helped relieve, and it only ate once. I have other store bought animals (three of my corns, and my king), but it was such a horrible, exhausting experience that I can't bring myself to get another from a store. I was so excited to find a high white, and everything with that tiny snake fell through. Still upsets me nearly a year later.

Since then, I've gotten a caramel tessera stripe het amel diffused that I named Serqet, and she is more gorgeous every time I look at her, and is thriving and growing like a weed. My lavender het diffused pos hypo charcoal is arriving Thursday, and she was already named Isis by the breeder- clearly this one is meant to be? Hah.

Anyway that was a huge ramble I think. The breeder of this pewter girl has still not replied to me I will message them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google