CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Blue Corn???

Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #41
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
WOW! This has to be the oldest thread resurrected yet to date! 7 years must be a record!
Yeah I commented to someone about pulling up an old thread.
Then I was thinking....Well at least they are doing research.!!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #42
TandJ
Who left the shovels out???

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 02-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #43
WiccanPrincesa
Blue corns are a new morph, which is actually a grey color, similar to the lavenders only blue hues. They aren't really blue in color. Some breeders are experimenting with this new morph (I'm not sure if it's its own morph yet). I've never heard of rainbows though. One breeder I spoke with told me that they are typically produced from a dilute anerythristic which is selectively bred. You can visit http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/diluteanery.html to see a picture of one. However, like I said, they aren't really blue in color, as least as of yet. I am sure with more selective breeding, maybe these guys will develop more of a blue hue to them, like the lavenders are beginning to do.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #44
TandJ
I'll save you the trip to Ian's.. Although Ian is a pretty cool dude..

Blue Anery Motley, or now known as Dilute Anery motley.. He is pretty obvious in the midle of the bunch..

Old 02-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #45
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccanPrincesa View Post
Blue corns are a new morph, which is actually a grey color, similar to the lavenders only blue hues. They aren't really blue in color. Some breeders are experimenting with this new morph (I'm not sure if it's its own morph yet). I've never heard of rainbows though. One breeder I spoke with told me that they are typically produced from a dilute anerythristic which is selectively bred. You can visit http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/diluteanery.html to see a picture of one. However, like I said, they aren't really blue in color, as least as of yet. I am sure with more selective breeding, maybe these guys will develop more of a blue hue to them, like the lavenders are beginning to do.
Dilute is not a selectively bred morph. It is a proven simple recessive gene. "Blue" corns have been around for awhile (at least more than 7 years as that is when the OP posted his original question). You can find many threads with dilutes posted in the Photo Gallery (many of which were posted by me as I love to show mine off).

Old 02-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #46
WiccanPrincesa
There are blue garter snakes and there is a snake known as a blue beauty which is a rat snake, but the garter snake is the only one I've seen so far that actually has "blue" coloring, like true blue. It's almost a neon blue. I believe they're called blue striped garter snakes? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #47
WiccanPrincesa
Beautiful beautiful dilutes by the way. I've always loved this morph. =)

Old 02-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
MyLittleGuyCyrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal-O-Mine View Post
This is something I've been curious about for quite some time.

Are there BLUE snakes???? Not just corn snakes but are there ANY breeds of snakes that are a true blue???

( I know about the indigo. I never seen one in the flesh but so far I believe they are black PRETENDING to be blue! )

i'm just asking because i'm a girl that has an odd love affair with the color blue esp. royal blue. Wanna hear me scream? Put me in PINK!

Devon

I understand your love of blue.....although I have that love for orange. Hence my reasoning for getting Cyrus.....my Amel Corn. I saw him and knew I had to have him!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #49
Pal-O-Mine
I'm starting to warm up to orange. I think I like orange like I like green, in its natural state. Like orange leaves in the fall, animals who naturally come in orange. I have this dread of clothes that are green because I attended a Catholic high school and had to wear green plaid for 4 years! Mom thought the uniform was SOOOO flattering. I could've strangled her!

Anyway, if you want to see a radically blue snake ( that's not a corn! ) check out Malaysian Coral snake. They come in the most fantastic royal blue I have ever seen in Nature! They're they prettiest snake I will NEVER own! ( In my opinion at least! ) Something about them being deadly.

That's a neat pile of snakes pic. I LOVE pile o' snakes pics!

Devon

Old 02-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #50
Christopher Feenan
GTP Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal-O-Mine
This is something I've been curious about for quite some time.

Are there BLUE snakes???? Not just corn snakes but are there ANY breeds of snakes that are a true blue???

This is one of my Green Tree Pythons laying 36 eggs. She is "hormonal blue" - but she retains most of that color year round. There are also genetic blue GTP's, but they are worth a Kings ransom. Check out moreliaviridis.com if you want to see more. I love GTP's , but corn snake genetics are more interesting and predictable by far - GTP's are a crap shoot...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google