CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby snake help

Old 08-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
griff531
If you have a pet store that sells live mice, breed them and you wont have to worry about paying for pinkies

Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #22
lilbug82
I know that's the cheaper way to go but at $1 a mouse it's not that big of a deal. And I also bred bugs do my chameleon so mice to would just get to be to much.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #23
susang
Curious you said the temp is 87* in your house, but what is the temp in the viv over the heat pad?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
lilbug82
I don't have the heat pad on cause it's to hot, when I did have it on the snake never went near it and spent more time in its water and trying to get out. It made the cage way to hot.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
susang
OK heat pad off but what is the temp inside the viv say under a hide and where the baby hangs out?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #26
lilbug82
It's the same as the house

Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
susang
I think the key is temp as it isn't a constant temp of 87* in your house. I have used fans in really hot weather, but the temp needs to be monitored. Today where I live it is 97* but tonight it will be in the mid 70*s.
The mouse needs to be really warm/hot when you feed it. some snakes don't like the smell of thawed mice, that's why some said to wash it. Some snakes want the mouse washed and dried, some like them wet.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #28
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbug82 View Post
It's the same as the house
How are you measruing the temp, it is not common for every area of ones house to be the exact same temp.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #29
lilbug82
No it's not alway 87, if you read about I said at night it drops maybe 10 degess. It's also a very dry heat here. That's why I said I try feeding her at night.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
lilbug82
It's a small house, livingroom and kitchen are pretty much te same thing. I have a thermometer in the kitchen and there is one in the snake cage, bedrooms upstairs are even worse then the main floor. The bathroom on the main floor is the o my cooler place and that's cause it has no windows, but I am not putting a snake in my bathroom.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google