CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby snake help

Old 08-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
Nanci
Sadly, some babies never eat. It wounds like you got one of them. I'm sorry. Don't be afraid to try again, maybe with an older snake.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #42
lilbug82
We are getting another one at the end of the month, I guy who breeds them here is going to a reptile show and is going to pick me up one.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbug82 View Post
I did what you said and got up to a dying snake, she died about an hour after i took her out of the container.
What type of container did you use?

She was probably heading to far south at that point anyway.

Nanci is right some babies never eat.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #44
bitsy
Quote:
We are getting another one at the end of the month, I guy who breeds them here is going to a reptile show and is going to pick me up one.
Make sure you get one which has already eaten at least three times - ask him to bring the feeding record with it, to be absolutely certain. I don't consider hatchlings to be reliable feeders unless they've eaten three times in a row. If they eat twice then refuse the third, I reset the count and start it again.

I'm sorry you got off to a rocky start.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #45
lilbug82
Yeah he is getting me an established one

Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #46
diamondlil
Sorry you lost your little one, but will you be able to correct your temperature regulation being a problem before you try again?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #47
lilbug82
This guy breeds snakes and doesn't think it has anything to do with the set up or heat. He told that pet store not to sell them so young and he bought up the rest of the babies. He says it was just to young and not an established eater. He had to force feed the ones he bought.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #48
diamondlil
If it was just a case of being too young, then force feeding isn't necessary at all, a healthy hatchling has enough reserves to stay healthy until it's ready to eat

Old 08-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #49
lilbug82
Some still die. And it's not that they were that young he said try should be established eaters but the pet store hadn't feed them since they came in. He said that's why he quit working there. He breeds and raises them, all the ones that were with my snake are healthy and alive and have even shed.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #50
susang
I'm sorry for the loss.

Quote:
my son bought himself a corn snake about a month ago. It has not eaten since we have got it. When I try to feed it, it turns away and goes to the other side of the container. I am looking for advice on this, I have talked to people here that have snakes and have been told a baby can go up to 3 months with out eating.
Also any advice on getting it to eat. It seems healthy and is very active. I am trying frozen pinkys.
Quote:
I did what you said and got up to a dying snake, she died about an hour after i took her out of the container.
From healthy to dead in three days??? You did have holes in the feeding bin? Because lack of oxygen could explain a quick and sudden death. It just seems something else is wrong besides a snake not being established or failure to thrive. If the siblings to this snake are established by breeder
ex-pet store worker, why don't you get one of those? If they are so established after tube feeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google