CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby blocked up?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Stygian Faerie
Baby blocked up?

This hatchling is 3 weeks old, drinks its water as normal and has fed twice. Only problem, it's not pooping. Had a good look at it today and noticed a bulge at the vent, thinking it was finally going to poop I was quite pleased until I noticed something unusual. It's almost like a layer of skin covering its vent? I got the OH to get a pic for me to show you guys. I will be taking it to a vet asap but wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this? Do you think it can be fixed or is this little one gotta go for the big sleep? I hope not, it's the best feeder I have. First one to feed and even struck for it's second...

Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Stygian Faerie
I'll try to re-size the pic...

Old 08-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Stygian Faerie
Here it is re-sized

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
ReptileGeek181
Is that layer of skin a retained shed?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Stygian Faerie
No, it's inside the vent and it's not the same kind of skin as the scales. It's like the bubble of skin you get from a blister. I'm thinking that it's probably not developed properly and it's just a membrane that should hopefully be easy to fix. *fingers crossed*

Old 08-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
ReptileGeek181
*Fingers crossed* I hope all goes well for the little one. May I ask how will you get him fixed?

Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Stygian Faerie
I don't know I was really hoping someone on here would have had the same issue and be able to let me know what to expect. Going to the vet on Monday.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
Nanci
I've never seen anything like it. I'll be interested to hear what the vet finds/does.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Stygian Faerie
My OH and I think it may actually be a prolapse. Any one have any experience on prolapses in snakes?

Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
BloodyBaroness
The vet is the best option, I don't think any home remedies are going to help.

Have you ever seen this snake pass stool at all?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google