CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Hatchling's first shed gone bad!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
brobertson
Hatchling's first shed gone bad!

I have had the itty bitty corn for just over 3 weeks, and a week and a half ago, I noticed that he had stuck shed all over his body! Since the snake hadn't eaten, I didn't disturb it. He regurged his second meal, and again I didn't think i should disturb him after such a stressful experience that I left him be. Now, 10 days after the regurge his stuck shed remains. He just took a pinky head tonight, and I am wondering if it would be a good idea to do something about the stuck shed. Also, how would one go about getting shed off of such a tiny snake, I have done ball pythons but never such a tiny snake. Should I rub it off with a washcloth, put him in a box with damp towels, or what? Thanks and sorry for any typos I'm on my phone.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
AliCat37
Leave him to digest for a day now, but then put him in a small sterilite or tuppaware with a wet towel for a few minutes until the shed comes off.

Also, because he is regurging so much, you need to pick up nutribac.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #3
brobertson
Okay, thanks for the stuck shed tip, however the snake has only regurged once, and I am not sure if she needs any medicine, because I plan on following Kathy love's protocol for regurges. Thanks,
Benek

Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobertson View Post
I plan on following Kathy love's protocol for regurges. Thanks,
Benek
o.o I thought Kathy Love's plan did involve NutriBac... that's who you gotta order it from!
I mis read your post though. I read "regurged his second meal" as meaning he has regurged twice already. If he doesn't keep down the pinky head I definitely would get some nutribac though, it works wonders. My little sick petco kid turned right around after getting it, and is now my biggest 2011.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
Carpe Serpentis
NutriBac http://www.mzrproducts.com/

Old 08-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #6
diamondlil
The stuck shed certainly could be a problem if It's left on. I use a snake-o-bath, basically a wet washcloth in the feeding tub for an hour or so, works a treat if there's a bad shed. Personally I'd say it would be a good idea to deal with the stuck shed before the next feed. And check everything about your setup, as a bad shed and a regurge would suggest there may be an issue with the temperatures.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google