CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

possible new morph? You decide

Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #61
dave partington
Also breed the best baby male back to Momma, if she is worth making more of.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #62
Jim Godfrey
Now this is entertaining! BTW The original Amel corn was from North Carolina.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #63
crotalis40741
Here is a link to a collection of wild Ky corn photos.
http://www.ectotherms.net/fieldherpinggallery.htm

Sorry rechecked the link after a pm I got, click on the snake album link then on the corn snake album link.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #64
Kevin S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection.
1. That's not at all the definition of a KY corn, but it is the definition of a snow corn. There are 2 disjunct populations in Kentucky and no morphs have been observed in either of them. They're all normals.

2. I hope you have a propagation permit-corns are a protected species in KY (even cb specimens require the permit). As far as I'm aware, there is no way to legally own a wild caught corn in KY though-better check your state regs.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #65
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Godfrey View Post
Now this is entertaining! BTW The original Amel corn was from North Carolina.
Thank you, I did not know that!
I think I just assumed that since Dr Betchel was a friend of the Love's (who came from Florida), that that was where he caught that corn!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #66
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post

The second picture is of an okeetee. Okeetees are also considered normals, except that they are line bred to produce such vivid reds with such thick black borders. They got their name from the Okeetee Club in...Georgia I think it was where the wild snakes there had alot of red in them. These days though, some people believe that only wild caught animals from the Okeetee club itself should be called Okeetees, and snakes like mine should be called "Lookatees".
Actually the Okeettee Hunt Club is in Jasper county South Carolina.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #67
susang
On the genetics can add nothng except maybe there is someone who understands it less then I do.
Aries you are griping because you made a mistake saying you didn't know, didn't you agree to the terms of this forum to become a member, read the stickies or do any reading before you posted. Maybe you think a member and contributing member are the same but contributing means contributing as in money.
If you would take the time to read about other people on this forum the owner included you would see these are the people who wrote the books and created new morphs that are new morphs.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #68
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S. View Post
1. That's not at all the definition of a KY corn, but it is the definition of a snow corn. There are 2 disjunct populations in Kentucky and no morphs have been observed in either of them. They're all normals.

2. I hope you have a propagation permit-corns are a protected species in KY (even cb specimens require the permit). As far as I'm aware, there is no way to legally own a wild caught corn in KY though-better check your state regs.

No actually here in KY. you can own up to five of any native species of snake. Any more than that and you have to have a permit. Like with my snakes I have to have documentation of where any normal type corns came from and a $150 permit because I have over the five limit. This limit also applies to venomous as well.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #69
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tuttle View Post
Actually the Okeettee Hunt Club is in Jasper county South Carolina.
Ok Ok I agree I need a little help with the Geography part of this thang! But I got the Jasper County part of it right anyhow.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #70
Camby
WOW, this is a very entertaining thread on both what the original poster is writing and also on some of the misinformation by some of the more experienced members. This is better than watching a good TV show. I can't wait until tomorrows episode!

dc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google