CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

snake starting to act funny

Old 12-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
13chase2
snake starting to act funny

This is my first reptile I have ever owned. He's a male corn snake hatched 6/6/13. Ever since I purchased him at around 2 months old he has been a strong f/t eater. None of his environment has changed. He's still at around 35-40% humidity, 70-75 degree cool side and a 90 degree hot spot. he has newer hides that are larger and he uses them. In the last month I've noticed he's started acting weird. He doesn't strike at his food and It takes him a long time before he decides he wants to eat it. He shed about a week ago. Usually he is ravenous after a shed but this time he hasn't eaten at all. He roams his tank which to me looks like he's hungry but he won't eat. It's starting to worry me but I was wondering if it could be because he's starting to become sexually mature and he's looking for females.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
Nanci
Sounds like a male in the springtime! I'd drop him back to a feeding attempt every two or even three weeks. Sometime in the late spring, he should go back to normal.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Sounds like a male in the springtime! I'd drop him back to a feeding attempt every two or even three weeks. Sometime in the late spring, he should go back to normal.
Yep yep, it's getting to be that time of year!

Old 12-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #4
Todd120
Its funny how some have brumation urges and others dont't. Ive been handling ours more lately. I dont want him to get too lethargic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
feeding problem