CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Morph??

Old 05-25-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
hprice93
Morph??

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if I was correct In thinking my guy is a sunglow??

I originally thought amel but he's not got any white around his saddles and not git black around them either, he has a white belly with orange patches. A red eye with dark red pupil.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #2
BLKfly
Sunglow is amel, just selectively breed to look like that.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
Shiari
Your guy is somewhat underweight and being in less than ideal condition can affect color to some degree. That said, at this moment, I'd say he's a really nice amel but doesn't have the real saturation that I feel is important to the label of sunglow.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #4
albertagirl
Is this the little baby you had in February? He's sure grown! But he's quite skinny. And it looks like his tail has recovered, that's great!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 AM   #5
hprice93
This is a new boy I was given a week ago. Poor guy is 2 years old and not been Handled for those 2 years He also has spent those 2 years in a 2ft viv. He'a now in a nice big viv and being fed up gradually.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:58 AM   #6
hprice93
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Is this the little baby you had in February? He's sure grown! But he's quite skinny. And it looks like his tail has recovered, that's great!
In regards to his tail, he now has full use of it but it has a slight kink in it now

Old 05-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #7
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by hprice93 View Post
This is a new boy I was given a week ago. Poor guy is 2 years old and not been Handled for those 2 years He also has spent those 2 years in a 2ft viv. He'a now in a nice big viv and being fed up gradually.

Oh that's great that you're taking him then. My first thought when I saw him was that he looked like a rescue, but didn't want to assume. Poor guy looks so hungry, I'm glad he's in better care now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hprice93 View Post
In regards to his tail, he now has full use of it but it has a slight kink in it now

Glad to hear he's doing okay as well, and that his tail recovered.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:30 AM   #8
CornsAustria
In my opinion sunglow is a amel motley selectiv breeding
because the motley pattern lighten up and reduce the white - so it appears to 'glow'

this is was i learnd years ago ...but things changes

What I see is a nice but slender amel and amel means there is no black.
Amel morphs comes tru so many facettes...one have white, one are more red, one are more orange ...
best you can do is to see on http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/?m=amelanistic how different amel can be

Old 05-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #9
Shiari
Sunglow does not require motley. Motley just makes it easier.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:42 AM   #10
BLKfly
Did they put him through brumation? Might explain why he looks kind of skinny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google