CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Mystery noodle!

Old 06-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #21
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyT213 View Post
I'm not so sure, like you said, wraiths are practically white and from what I can tell with that one, it looks identical to my diffused moonstone male. He is very light in color as well, as you can see in the pics I posted of mine and he for sure has no hypo in him. I guess it's always possible with the variances in color that corns can have but I'd still bet on the diffused moonstone myself.
He's also not a hatchling, though, and juvenile anery types frequently are darker than their adult forms.

Here's an example of why I still think it could potentially be a diffused phantom: http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...po-pewter.html

In my search for those photos I discovered a mutation previously unknown to me. This is a rare occurrence...I have research to do.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #22
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
In my search for those photos I discovered a mutation previously unknown to me. This is a rare occurrence...I have research to do.
Me too! I've never heard of a wraith? I'm not the best at knowing the subtle differences and identifying the morphs, but I enjoy the genetics behind it, so I know what most of them are, and what makes what. I'm a snake nerd. LOL

Old 06-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #23
Axent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
He's also not a hatchling, though, and juvenile anery types frequently are darker than their adult forms.

Here's an example of why I still think it could potentially be a diffused phantom: http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...po-pewter.html

Every mutation is new to me so I have lots of research to do. Good thing i have Worm's feeding schedule for the next 2 months programed in my phone!

Old 06-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #24
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Me too! I've never heard of a wraith? I'm not the best at knowing the subtle differences and identifying the morphs, but I enjoy the genetics behind it, so I know what most of them are, and what makes what. I'm a snake nerd. LOL
Wraith is hypo lavender charcoal. I've obsessed over learning the different mutations and how they function. I've owned corn snakes for less than a year and find myself eyerolling at seasoned breeders making very simple morph ID mistakes. I am continually learning, though! Worm isn't an easy one to pinpoint, like many polygenic morphs, and my confidence in my guess if hypo pewter is somewhere around 50%. Diffused moonstone is a distinct possibility. Or maybe you got extra lucky and he's a diamond, though I don't know if his eyes would be blue then. We can compare when mine arrives in a few months.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #25
Axent
Get some more images when I get home. In the meantime enjoy a picture of him trying to escape the quarantine box and giving me a heart attack last night.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #26
albertagirl
Amazing how they always find that little shelf under the lid. You'd think manufacturers would stop making them like that.
I sympathize with your near heart attack. I thought I lost my snake the other day too and after removing all hides and decorations and sifting through the entire substrate twice, I finally noticed him right out in the open on his magnetic shelf. I have a front opening cage, and the shelf is near the top, and since I wasn't looking ^up^ he seemed to have simply disappeared!
As a side note, if you ever want to read a fun "near heart attack" thread, check this one out.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #27
Axent
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertagirl View Post
Amazing how they always find that little shelf under the lid. You'd think manufacturers would stop making them like that.
I sympathize with your near heart attack. I thought I lost my snake the other day too and after removing all hides and decorations and sifting through the entire substrate twice, I finally noticed him right out in the open on his magnetic shelf. I have a front opening cage, and the shelf is near the top, and since I wasn't looking ^up^ he seemed to have simply disappeared!
As a side note, if you ever want to read a fun "near heart attack" thread, check this one out.
Admittedly I didn't have the lid on all the way as I was about to put him in his bath. Silly boy was wanting to explore even more.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:55 PM   #28
Axent
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
That's a beautiful little one you have there. Yeah, the light colored ones are semi-transparent when they are young. I remember when I could see my Cleo's heart.

Sweet youngster there. Best wishes.
I was holding Worm today and noticed something moving in him. It took me a minute to realize it was his heart beating! It was so neat to watch.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:34 PM   #29
GMR_TFH
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axent View Post
Admittedly I didn't have the lid on all the way as I was about to put him in his bath. Silly boy was wanting to explore even more.
May I ask why you were bathing him?

Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #30
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axent View Post
I was holding Worm today and noticed something moving in him. It took me a minute to realize it was his heart beating! It was so neat to watch.
That's awesome!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google