CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What morph is he/she

Old 07-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
sdavis2
What morph is he/she

Just got yet another snake. My third corn and sixth snake, problem is I can't figure out the morph. Please help!! Bye this is a hatchling if that helps.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:36 PM   #2
Eavlynn
Kinda looks like a normal, but there are so many morphs out there, some of them subtle, that I can only speculate. Some of the breeders and more experienced keepers should be stumbling upon this post soon and will know better than I. Certainly a little cutie you have there!

Old 07-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #3
sdavis2
Thank so much! He's still hyper but
is calming down nicely

Old 07-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #4
Eavlynn
I bought my hatchling April 30th and he still likes to spazz out from time to time. I think they grow out of it, once they aren't the size of a spaghetti noodle anymore haha.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Dragonling
Curious where you found this little one and what it was sold to you as.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
sdavis2
I picked him up randomly at petco cause I had to have him after seeing him and of course they have no idea what they sell. So the teenagers that work there don't even know what a morph is. They just knew he's a corn snake lol.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
sdavis2
Here's another pic for reference. Would really like to know the exact morph.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
Shiari
It is a normal. Also known as a classic or wild-type. It is not visually expressing any mutations. It is, however, probably going to shed soon.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
DollysMom
Looks like a normal for now. That may change as the snakes grows. Having pictures of the belly helps. Having clear, well lit pictures help. Having pictures of the eyes helps. Without more info from the breeder it is sometimes difficult to pinpoint the morph of a youngster.

Edit: I was writing when Shiari posted. She's the morph expert around here. If she says normal, believe it.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
sdavis2
Well thank you very much! Saw this little guy and had to have him. Also have 2 beautiful snows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google