CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Need help

Old 07-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Need help

So I'm looking to get another corn and want to get a morph with the best odds of getting the most yellow coloring!! So I'm trying to decide if I should get a butter or a caramel.....can anyone help????

Nicole

Old 07-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
lulanowski
We have an adult butter stripe available. Supposed to be a male but is unproven. Let us know if you want pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #3
nicolefowler2005
How old is he? I definitely want a male but was looking for a baby or juvenile! I'll look at a picture anyway I might fall in love lol

Nicole

Old 07-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
sdavis2
I know they'll get no where near the most yellow like you want. But snows start out as pink and white, and with age some of if not all of the pink turns yellow. Pretty cool.

Old 07-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
nicolefowler2005
Yeah I've considered a snow but I really want the Yellow like as yellow as I can get lol

Nicole

Old 07-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
lulanowski
Here's a pic. He's a male 2013 Butter Stripe from VMSHerp. He's small and not proven. [IMG]DSC_1685.JPG[/IMG]

Old 07-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
lulanowski
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/admin/Desktop/Snakes/Snake%20pic%20from%20Nicoles%20camera/DSC_1685.JPG[/IMG]

Old 07-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #8
sdavis2
If you're willing to spend a pretty penny of money I would hit up Brian Barczyk. He owns BHB reptiles and has the youtube show SnakeBytes. He usually answers fan tweets if you have a Twitter and is a bonafied expert.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #9
albertagirl
Hey Nicole, butter and caramel are the same mutation, except butter has all of the melanin washed off. So extra yellow on both, but no black over top on the butter. I would suggest checking out Ian's Viv here to see pictures of all of the options. Some lines are way more yellow than others also, so definitely look at pictures of the parents if you can. You might also want to check out saffron, lemon, and honey, which are the sunkissed versions of caramel, amber, and butter. Sunkissed tends to brighten the colors too.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #10
OregonSnake
I have a honey (caramel sunkissed) and a butter motley. They're both beautiful snakes, but I think I prefer the look of the honey (a little more subdued, the butter is very bright). Butters tend to be very yellow, because of the amel, and caramels tend to be shades of brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google