CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How can I get an amel. striped?

Old 04-09-2002, 04:25 PM   #1
Iris
Question How can I get an amel. striped?

Right now I have a normal striped and there is a very good chance I will be getting an amelanistic this season. In the future, is it possible to get any amel. striped using these two? THe striped isn't het for anything and the amel won't be het for anything either. I know that nothing will happen in the F1 generation except a whole bunch of normals, right? Then what would happen in the F2 and/or beyond? I'm not very good/familiar with genetics...If anyone has any info I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2002, 05:19 PM   #2
Elaphe_Mo
I think in the F2 there would be a 1/16 chance of getting an amel striped.

Old 04-09-2002, 05:58 PM   #3
Kevin M
You are correct, You'd have a 1in16 chance of an Amel Stripe in the F2's.

-Kev

Old 04-10-2002, 02:14 AM   #4
Serpwidgets
Info...

See the below links.

Old 04-10-2002, 04:16 AM   #5
Iris
Ok thanks everyone..
Yay, I might have an amel striped sometimes in the future!!! Depending if my friend's snake's eggs are fertile or not. But I shouldn't count my snakes before they're hatched.....
And Serpwidgets I will definitely be checking out your site..soon...as soon as I finish my homework..
Thanks again

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google