CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

New Bloodred Corn . . .

Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 AM   #31
Hawkeyeherps
I just remembered that there is a very similar form of piebaldism that only appears ventrally and laterally in the Persian Ratsnake, Elaphe persica. I think that this bloodred mutation may be related to that. The Persian Ratsnakes are patternless so there is no way of knowing whether the "piebaldness" is linked to what would be the bloodred mutation. I'm left wondering if the bloodred part and the piebald part are the same mutation or maybe just closely linked mutations. Whatever the mutation, WOW!

Old 07-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #32
kathylove
Gorgeous!

It is great to see something entirely new and exciting again, instead of just new combos (as pretty as they are!!). Kudos to all of you for the hard work to prove them out!

I think it would be cute to call them "pied side" - kinda rolls off the tongue, lol!

Please post new photos every few months so we can watch them mature.

Congratulations!

Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #33
Hawkeyeherps
Here is a picture of the piebald Elaphe persica.

My appologies to the owner of this picture for not acknowledging them, I'm not sure whose it is.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:51 PM   #34
Rich Z
HYBRID!! HYBRID!! HYBRID!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...........

Old 07-29-2005, 05:09 PM   #35
Hawkeyeherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z

I know you're just kidding, but let me go on the record as saying I make no implication that these are hybrids and there are no documented cases of viable offspring from a cross between an old world and a new world Elaphe (Pantherophis).

Old 07-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #36
tat2d1
those are awesome Don. i kinda figured it would only be a matter of time before some white-sided like gene turned up in corns. now, when's leucism gonna turn up?

imagine a pied-sided lavender bloodred-*wipes drool from chin

Old 07-30-2005, 02:55 PM   #37
Jynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk
Cherry Pie Bloodreds ?
Now I have Warrant playing over and over in my head thanks to you Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z

You little brat... lol

Old 07-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #38
scalesnthings
W. O. W. Those are some absolutely STUNNING animals.. I think I may just have to start saving some serious cash for a pair.. as if I'm not living hand to mouth as it is.. lol.. maybe by the time you do start selling some we'll have our business more up nad running than it is now.. Major kudos, and thank you for shareing.. Like Kathy said, it's wonderful to see something new on the market.. So uh.. when are you accepting deposits..? lol j/k.. kind of.. lol

Laine

Old 07-31-2005, 02:27 AM   #39
mvervest
Hey Don,
these are amazing snakes ! Why don't you farm out a couple to Belgium (meteorite free country , lol ) to be safe .
The bloodred keeps me fascinating , but this snakes even more .

C U Marc V

Old 07-31-2005, 10:35 AM   #40
Gallagher
Wow Don, those are incredible. Why don't you send a couple over too your brother and I will farm some here for ya. lol...... Congrats Don.

Don Gallagher

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google