CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

View Poll Results: Peach hypo what do you think it should be called
peach hypo 11 22.00%
peach corn 4 8.00%
peach phase 4 8.00%
peach 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Old 09-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #41
Serpwidgets
Since they can't be linked directly in with HTML, the two existing pics are attached.

The first one is Rich Hume's specimen as a hatchling. The parents proved to be carrying AT LEAST Diffused, Hypo, Amel, Caramel, Lavender, and Charcoal.

The second pic was taken by someone else and posted here. If I've understood correctly, this is the same individual at approx 1 year old.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #42
Mary-Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
Jazz , let me start off with I have nothing agenst you. I said I could have locked up this thread but did not because i didnot want to mess up the poll. If I could done so I would have I only put this up for a poll. The fact your comment that the ball is not in my court is the point . Who are you to tell anybody what they should name any morph that they worked on. Take a step back and look at it from my point of veiw. How would you like it if it was said to you . I think that it was out of line. Sorry but no one has told anybody that you dont have the choice in what to name a morph they created. I still will defend what I said it was nice of me to start this poll. I started this poll just to get some feedback, thats all. I did not start this poll so someone can tell me what is should be called and it is not in my control. how dare anybody to have that gaul to do that. no one told or question bill love whet he coind the name ghost or eddie leach when he called his morph and a gene I made add a blodred or Joe e peirce went from transparent to lava and all the other morphs out there but for me it is diffrent Bull pucky
Vinman,
Before you recently returned I had nothing against you, but after reading your threads from the past couple of days, this is the picture I get in my head when I see your name...

Old 09-05-2006, 05:00 PM   #43
diamondlil
It's a shame there isn't a head shot of the second corn so the pattern could be compared. There does seem to be a little diffusion on its saddles' lower edges. I guess Rich Humes' input would be helpful too at this point.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #44
Drizzt80
Quote:
If I'm not misteaen when I told Rich Z about the cross I did ( if he remembers ) I think that he crossed a carmel to a lavender and got nothing came out of it . I could be misstaken Rich Z can you clear it up. I'm not totaly sure??? please put your input
He obviously would have gotten Normals het for Amber Lavender. Amber Lavenders wouldn't have shown up until the F2.

Quote:
Rich humes or me can name it what ever we want . nobody in the past ask any body permission before . rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby . So by all means we will chose the name The poll is just to get everybodys oppion .Let me make this clear to everbody. I will discuss the out come with rich humes and we will come to a discussion. It is our ball .
Glad to see you're makin' friends Vinster!! You can take your '$1000 per snake ball' and go play by yourself for all I care. I already told you that even if Rich Z. were selling the snakes I am one customer that would not be buying if he couldn't/wouldn't be able to verify what it's genetics are. That is the ball you are holding. Your attempts at explaining and verifying are what has been in question this entire time, not the genetics. Your customer service is severly lacking, beyond downright rude and obnoxious. Good luck with that!

D80

PS. I abstained from voting as I think Don's opinion is right on target in this case and carries much more weight than many others'.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #45
SODERBERGD
Vin. . .

Could you show us pix of some of the other adults? If this one represents the "morph", I don't think peach is the correct namesake.

Again, before you name it PLEASE, make sure the name you choose represents what most of them will be at maturity. What if this one is the only one this color?

It's a beautiful snake. Have Hume get on here to verify the genetics.

Thank you.

Don
www.cornsnake.NET

Old 09-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #46
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Rich humes or me can name it what ever we want . nobody in the past ask any body permission before . rich and me are the only two people that have produced the morph we have the only 3 in the hobby . So by all means we will chose the name The poll is just to get everybodys oppion .Let me make this clear to everbody. I will discuss the out come with rich humes and we will come to a discussion. It is our ball .
If this hasn't already be said...

Just because you slap a name on it that YOU like doesn't mean the community will use it.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #47
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
If this hasn't already be said...

Just because you slap a name on it that YOU like doesn't mean the community will use it.
It has.

regards,
jazz

Old 09-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #48
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil
It's a shame there isn't a head shot of the second corn so the pattern could be compared. There does seem to be a little diffusion on its saddles' lower edges. I guess Rich Humes' input would be helpful too at this point.
its normal but remember it is comming out of a blood red project

Old 09-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #49
Serpwidgets
I noticed when pasting from the old thread where I first posted the old pic, that I mentioned Charcoal in there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
The parents proved to be carrying AT LEAST Diffused, Hypo, Amel, Caramel, Lavender, and Charcoal.
I don't recall if there was a charcoal, phantom, or pewter in that clutch, but I think there was a good reason at the time to say that charcoal was a possibility. It would help if Rich Hume would also verify what was the genotype of the parents.

Also, Vinny, since you hatched them out of a different pairing, did you happen to get any regular hypo lavs, or hypo charcoals in the mix? (And how many hatchlings were there in total?)

Quote:
If I'm not misteaen when I told Rich Z about the cross I did ( if he remembers ) I think that he crossed a carmel to a lavender and got nothing came out of it . I could be misstaken Rich Z can you clear it up. I'm not totaly sure??? please put your input
Ok, I ran some searches on this and came up with the following: (The links have pics in them, I highly suggest everyone who is interested look at the pics there, too. )

In 2002 in this thread: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I've been breeding animals het for both Opal and Butter for a couple of years now and getting some nice results. Of course, I can't tell which ones may be triple homozygous animals (Amelanism, Caramel, and Lavender). So that means I have to keep a bunch of them to raise them up just to see what they turn out looking like.
This year in this thread: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
OK, so when you breed adults together that are het for Hypomelanism, Amelanism, Lavender, and Caramel, what the heck kind of results do you get?
I think the guess we can make from those is that Rich Z is not getting that same "peach" look from his projects. Surely in all these years they should have shown up, unless he doesn't want to say anything yet.

Anyway, I think the "Charcoal Caramel" possibility would be something to re-examine unless there's a way to positively eliminate it.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #50
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
He obviously would have gotten Normals het for Amber Lavender. Amber Lavenders wouldn't have shown up until the F2.

Glad to see you're makin' friends Vinster!! You can take your '$1000 per snake ball' and go play by yourself for all I care. I already told you that even if Rich Z. were selling the snakes I am one customer that would not be buying if he couldn't/wouldn't be able to verify what it's genetics are. That is the ball you are holding. Your attempts at explaining and verifying are what has been in question this entire time, not the genetics. Your customer service is severly lacking, beyond downright rude and obnoxious. Good luck with that!

D80

PS. I abstained from voting as I think Don's opinion is right on target in this case and carries much more weight than many others'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
I never said that. I said that he crossed a carmel to a lavender . and I was talking about the end rusults the F2 from breeding het to het. you are a very bitter man drizz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google