CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

normal weight gain

Old 07-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #1
ikeagremlin
normal weight gain

my corn snake is 66g and around 9 months old which i thought was quite small so i moved him up from 3-5g mice to 10-15g mice every 6 days (the shop didnt have an inbetween size) he has gained 8 grams in the last week and i just wanted to ask if thats a normal amount of weight to gain or if i should decrease the size/frequency of the mice?

Old 07-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
66 grams is a great weight for his age. Your bigger mice are a tad on the large side, so I would definitely feed him the ones that are closer to 10 grams first. And I would only feed once a week.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:49 AM   #3
blacktip
My one year old is almost 90 grams and I have him on 9g fuzzies at the moment. Like hypnoctopus said, try to feed him mice closer to 10g and feed a little less frequently. As long as you don't have any issues with regurge it should be fine. And I've found that young corn snakes are very efficient with their food. A good proportion of the weight of the food is converted to weight of the snake. Sounds like your baby is off to a good start.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google