CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Has anyone tried combining microscale and scaleless yet?

Old 02-04-2021, 01:23 AM   #1
hypnoctopus
Has anyone tried combining microscale and scaleless yet?

I know the two morphs originated from different places (scaleless being a hybrid gene and microscale popping up randomly in a pure line), so I don't know if they're related genes, but you do sometimes see missing scales on the head of a microscale. So I'm wondering if anyone has done breeding trials with the two morphs to see how they relate to each other?

Old 02-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
SODERBERGD
Olivia, what is an even more obvious feature is the shape of the scales on both.

Old 02-04-2021, 03:01 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SODERBERGD View Post
Olivia, what is an even more obvious feature is the shape of the scales on both.
Interesting. So do you think they're related?

Old 02-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #4
SODERBERGD
Ball Pythons

Not that similar mutations are always parallel in function and expression, but have you read about the relationship between Scale-less and Micro-Scale Ball Pythons? It begs breeding trials in corns, eh?

Old 02-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #5
hypnoctopus
I haven't. Where could I read about that? I only have a bit of knowledge about ball python morphs. I knew they had a scaleless morph (with no belly scales or egg tooth, unlike our corns), but I wasn't aware they had a microscale morph too.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #6
SODERBERGD
Just query your browser, MICRO SCALE BALL PYTHON. There is at least one video on the subject. Here's a pic of two siblings; one MicroScale and one Scaled. The Scaled one is showing signs of an impending shed.

Old 02-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #7
SODERBERGD
Here's the rest of their bodies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google