CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Private Messages!

Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
whippet
Private Messages!

Is there any possible way to take away the 180 second rule for contributing members? It's so hard to respond to inquires on sales when I have to wait so long to answer each question.
Since I am paying to be a member...chances are I am not going to spend a bunch of spam messages anyway right?
It's really a problem and the worst part of this website to me.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Rich Z
Sorry, but that time delay is a global option, and not variably selectable via user groups.

It's purpose is to frustrate the efforts of spammers who will try to spam under the radar by using the private messaging system. It is unfortunate that we do have to take steps to try to limit the headaches that spammers can cause everyone, but there really is no feasible way to just ignore them and NOT put in safeguards. Otherwise the membership gets real tired of the spammers...

But I did cut it back to 30 seconds. I would like to think I could just remove the delay completely, but when the problems start coming in about PM spam, guess who would have to deal with it?

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Yeah, it can be frustrating, but I'd much rather deal with that delay, than spammers.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Nanci
Now if only I could increase my alloted messages to 1000...Or more!!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Now if only I could increase my alloted messages to 1000...Or more!!
Trust me, it doesn't help. All it does is make it an even BIGGER pain when you have to delete those messages to make room for new ones.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
gelshark
Nanci never uses the PM system anyway... so ... can I have her allotment of PMs?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Susan
There was a 180 second wait period between PMs?? Never knew that as it takes me about that long to formulate a response anyway. Plus I never get that many PMs or e-mails that I'm so overwhelmed that 3 minutes is just too long to have to wait.

Now see, it's taken me over 4 minutes to write this response and proof-read it before hitting "submit"! And another 30 seconds to add the smilie!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google