CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Is He Burned???

Old 04-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
ChrisR:)
Exclamation Is He Burned???

i got my baby amel on tuesday and got an uth for it but i didnt get a thermostat and digital thermometer until today and when measured on the glass it said it was 120 degrees!!!!!! my snake doesnt burrow as far as i know but could it have gotten burned from the substrate temp right now the temp is under control but if it did get burned what would it look like and what do i do? oh and my snake regurged yesterday (i am an idiot for handling it before it was even used to home) so cant get photos

Old 04-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
Tula_Montage
the "off the charts" high temps may have stressed the little snake out and caused regurge...

Old 04-14-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
PtDnsr
I would like to suggest that you read over Kathy's regurge treatment here and follow it very carefully. You want to give your snake extra time to settle in now and adjust to it's new home. If you're concerned about it getting burned go out and get a dimmer switch to hook up to the UTH so you can control it. Not the best solution by far but temporary until you can make a more permanent adjustment. Good luck and keep us updated!

~Katie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google