CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

New corn snake shedding questions

Old 10-14-2003, 10:38 PM   #1
machinegun
New corn snake shedding questions

I tried to feed my corn snake yesterday for the second time and the snake would not feed. Today I noticed that the eyes have a bluish color to them and the snake does not appear to be very active. According to the Corn Snake Manual by Bill and Cathy Love this an indication of beginning of the shedding process. Is there anything special that I need to do or not to do during this time?

Thanks

Nervous new snake owner

Old 10-15-2003, 12:41 AM   #2
KevinK
Howdy,

Your snake might get a little jumpy and nervous during shed time. I'd suggest handling him as little as possible until after the shed.

Once his eyes clear up, it'll be about a week before he sheds. You might want to try feeding him, if his normal feeding falls between his blue phase and his actual shed. If he doesn't eat don't panic, he'll eat after his shed.

--Kevin

Old 04-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
[-ShoRty-]
im so sorry for this bump but i didnt want to make another thread....welli feed mauritius in another tub and ive noticed shes in the blue phase, i was just wonderin if i can pick her up to put her in the tub for feeding or should i just wait till after the shed??

shes meant to be feedin on saturday

Old 04-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
dawnrenee2000
yes, you can pick her up. It will not hurt her and shouldnt stress her much to just be moved to another place.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:50 AM   #5
3330PHILIP
Mine get really snappy when blue. Quite funny really.

Sometimes they eat in blue often they don't. I wouldn't pester them, imagine you were blindfolded for a few days, what would you feel if someone kept grabbing you.

OFF SUBJECT, why have you so many Chihuahua's!! LOL

Old 04-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
NeoDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3330PHILIP
OFF SUBJECT, why have you so many Chihuahua's!! LOL
Live food

Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
maegann
mine always feeds when in blue

i just thought i would let you guys know, lol

Old 05-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #8
erisan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maegann
mine always feeds when in blue

i just thought i would let you guys know, lol
Mine just ate while in blue yesterday. Your'e not the only one

Old 05-21-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
CAS 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinegun
I tried to feed my corn snake yesterday for the second time and the snake would not feed. Today I noticed that the eyes have a bluish color to them and the snake does not appear to be very active. According to the Corn Snake Manual by Bill and Cathy Love this an indication of beginning of the shedding process. Is there anything special that I need to do or not to do during this time?

Thanks

Nervous new snake owner
You might want to mist the viv to raise the humity for a good shed! But not too much.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
Penman6668
Mine eat while in blue also. She did not want a fuzzy but eat a pinkie right up.

I did not realize that she was in blue and I thought she was just not going to eat the fuzzy so I gave her the last two pinkies I had.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google