CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New Annoying Ads

Old 04-26-2021, 12:49 AM   #1
MysticExotics
New Annoying Ads

Every time I go to a new thread, an ad box pops up on the left lower corner of my laptop.
I've never seen them before.
Do not like.

Old 04-26-2021, 02:32 AM   #2
Shiari
Just started doing this today for me as well. Also, random words are now being turned into green links. It's distracting and irritating.

Old 04-26-2021, 04:18 AM   #3
Rich Z
I found a way to make some changes in how the new ads appear. Might take a little bit before they are reflected here.

I am evaluating this new advertising company, so please bear with me while I try to fine tune things.

I don't like such ads neither, but as I mentioned earlier, the revenue to support this site taking up space on my server has to come from somewhere.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:42 PM   #4
Rich Z
Well, the changes I made caused the revenue to drop by half, so I am going to try some other things. Sorry about the ads, but this site HAS to pull it's weight financially or I really have no reason to keep it going. Certainly traffic from members has died on the vine, so I really need a good reason to keep it running.

If people aren't using it (for the most part) and it's not earning me a modest income, seriously, why keep it?

Old 05-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #5
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
If people aren't using it (for the most part) and it's not earning me a modest income, seriously, why keep it?
Because it is currently the best source of corn snake information on the internet. But you shouldn't feel obligated to bear the financial burden of running it just out of the goodness of your heart if it's getting to be too much for you. If you're just too tired of it (either mentally, financially, or both), will you consider passing the reigns to someone else? Or at the very least, please give a specific deadline so I can have some time to archive the posts or download everything. I reference this site so often and it would be an extreme shame for it to disappear with no warning.

Old 05-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoctopus View Post
Because it is currently the best source of corn snake information on the internet. But you shouldn't feel obligated to bear the financial burden of running it just out of the goodness of your heart if it's getting to be too much for you. If you're just too tired of it (either mentally, financially, or both), will you consider passing the reigns to someone else? Or at the very least, please give a specific deadline so I can have some time to archive the posts or download everything. I reference this site so often and it would be an extreme shame for it to disappear with no warning.
Well, I am trying out some advertising platforms to see how that works out. Of course, some people aren't going to like the intrusion, but if that helps keep this site afloat, will it be worth you all putting up with?

Old 05-12-2021, 01:46 AM   #7
hypnoctopus
I'm fine with whatever keeps the site running.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #8
Shiari
As long as it doesn't make giant pop ups I'm fine with it

Old 05-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #9
Rich Z
I will likely implement all four (4) options available from InfoLinks to see how that effects revenue. I will have to run that for at least one full day.

Of course, there is the possibility that traffic is so low here that the advertising doesn't make enough difference to even matter at all.

So if the choice is more intrusive pop up ads or the site goes away, which would you choose?

Old 05-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #10
SnakeCreations
I would always choose to keep the site up. Whatever that takes.

Thanks for checking in!

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google