CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How Old is YOUR Oldest Corn???

Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #41
PJ@PJCReptiles
WOW, some of you have some very fat corns!!!

Ashley just lost her 18 yr normal, 6 foot, corn last month to old age.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #42
Lolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Wow! That snake is huge! Where did you adopt her? Did you get her because of her morph, or because they were overfeeding her?
Neither. I got her from a local herp buddy, who rescued her from his vet's office... apparently the original owner dropped her off for treatment, and decided to abandon her there. I was at his house a few months later, actually to pick up a Ball Python, and he said "You wanna free corn snake?" He knew I was into corns (he's not really), so figured I couldn't say no!

And the story continues: She actually escaped from a Rubbermaid container on the way home, and ended up living in the dashboard of my car for 3 weeks... hence the name change to Dash. Amazingly she survived the harsh winter weather, and finally emerged on her own - fat as ever, LOL.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
Lolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalchow View Post
I can honestly say. That is the first time that I have seen a truely fat corn. I have always heard of them but have never seen them. I have only seen a fat RTB and let me tell you she had a hard time getting around. I am so glad that she has you now.
She'll be proud to know she's your fattest corn sighting... hehe. I'm glad I have her too, and promise she is in great hands now! She's actually lost a little weight, as you might notice when comparing my earlier photo w/ the last two I posted.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #44
Bartholomew
Haha, nice. I guess she just needed some time away from humans.
Thats messed up that the owner left her at the vet, though. Poor little snake. At least It's in good hands now!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #45
Lolo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Haha, nice. I guess she just needed some time away from humans.
Yeah, she actually seemed pretty content in there... I finally spotted her after about 2 weeks, and tried for DAYS to get her out. But she had to take her sweet time!

Quote:
Thats messed up that the owner left her at the vet, though. Poor little snake. At least It's in good hands now!
Hard to believe somebody could abandon a pet, but I guess some people don't care about them like we do.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #46
Tracee
Charlie is 11, maybe 12 now! I reckon he'll make it to 30

Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #47
Bartholomew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracee View Post
Charlie is 11, maybe 12 now! I reckon he'll make it to 30
Thats cool! I love your avatar.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #48
Tracee
Oh thanks! He was only a young 'un when I got that lucky shot!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:26 PM   #49
Bartholomew
New Topic: Longness?

Just had a different question. I just didnt want to start another thread.
So tell me, How long is your longest corn?
I figured a good amout of people posted their older corns. Now lets talk about how long they got.

(Thoes of you who havent posted about the age, you can still do so, its still interesting )

Old 08-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #50
TheKraken
my only and oldest corn is 13-15months and is about 32in long!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google