CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Fed Ex Shipping Certification Procedure

Old 10-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #21
Khaman
Do you have a online Fed Ex account?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:21 AM   #22
Nanci
Yes I have an on-line account. I was too nervous to do the whole thing on-line, though, mainly because I didn't know- labels and barcodes and stuff prints out, right? Can you do that on just regular paper? But yes, I had to use my account number to ship her. If you do it on-line, do you pay right then, or do they still bill you?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:56 AM   #23
DeadMouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Another question with regards to the "business". If you have your home address listed as your facility when you register a "fictitious name", does it count as a business?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't help you with that Robbie, but I do have new information to add.

I shipped out my first snake last week. Everything went fine. When I dropped her off, I didn't have to pay. I guess I thought since they had my debit card on file, they would just charge that. But no, I got a bill in the mail today. FYI.
I don't know if anybody really read my thread about my whole Fedex Cert. Snafu, but this can be a real issue should the situation arise. Everything that could go wrong for me did and my certification process has stopped stone cold.

When I tried to ship my test box, neither a Fedex Kinkos would take it nor would an actual Fedex Hub because the testing facility did not have an account number because the box was being shipped "bill to recipient". I even had a Fedex customer service agent tell the Kinkos employees they did not need an account number for this facility and yet they still denied my box.

Then when I called the testing facility, they told me that my home address could not be the same as my business address, they had to be 2 completely separate places because the waiver specifically states "business to business" transactions only and that home businesses didn't count. When I explained this to my rep, he told me that I could send from my "home business" but that I'd now have to have an actual business license which in Washington appears to be a major ordeal and added expense.

It really pisses me off considering nobody else seems to be hitting all these blockades that I keep hitting and now I don't know what to do unless I want to shell out hundreds for a business license.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:08 AM   #24
Khaman
Quote:
Can you do that on just regular paper?
Yes, you can call Fed Ex and order the plastic pouches that stick to the box. you just fold the paper so that the barcode and info show seal the pouch and drop it off.

Quote:
If you do it on-line, do you pay right then, or do they still bill you?
They wait till the end of the month and bill you for all of that month's shipments but you can set it up so it charges your card when the bill is posted. I just let it bill to my PayPal debit card so it just took the money out of there.

You also get better rates if you "Ship" online and print your labels from home. It also keeps up with the tracking info for you.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #25
Nanci
Cool! Thanks for that info. I already have the plastic pouches.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #26
Nanci
I'll be doing my second shipment Tuesday. This time I did the shipment on-line. It seemed to go smoothly, except it got hung up on the price quote, to I had to start over, but then it went right through the second time.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #27
airenlow
I'm getting ready to send out my test package after following all your steps Nanci. So, if I get rejected it's all your fault!

One quick question though. Test packages don't get shipped overnight, do they?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #28
Nanci
When I took mine in, I didn't get a choice on how it was shipped. They just took it. I did not pay to ship it.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #29
Nanci
You taped the deli, right??

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #30
airenlow
Oh, OK. I was trying to schedule a pickup. I'll just walk in instead. Thanks!

EDIT: Deli is taped!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
certified, fedex, shipping reptiles, shipping snakes